Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3.5 weeks days n nights confused

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:01 PM
  • 38 Replies
I've been trying to get him to sleep at night it's not working no matter where we sleep or how. I Got him the bouncer chair and he napped in the evening but wouldn't stay asleep. I'm starting to wonder if he doesn't have his days & nights a little mixed up. From 10pm-2am he wants to be awake nursing the last week since I've been trying to get him in his own bed and I've been watching the time. Then from 2 on he is tired but easily awoken until around 7:00 Am and that's when I can start getting him to sleep so then once I have to get up to clean and cook and whatever else he'll be great napping so I get everything done but I'm exhausted from getting 2-4 hours of sleep. I don't know how to fix this
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:07 PM
You sleep when baby sleeps for now.
At 3 weeks it's a huge growth spurt.

The first few month can kind of be a blur of feeding and diaper changes and sleep exhaustion but it does get better, I promise ;)
Have you tried bed sharing? Side caring the crib? Arms reach co-sleeper?
bethann9988
by Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:15 PM
I have the co-sleeper right next to me in bed but he will not have anything to do with it. I have a bouncer seat. And a bassinet/rocker. He won't rest in any of them.
I eventually give in to him and let him sleep in bed with me nursing/comfort nursing. I hate it though I can't sleep I'm so nervous.

Quoting melindabelcher: You sleep when baby sleeps for now.
At 3 weeks it's a huge growth spurt.

The first few month can kind of be a blur of feeding and diaper changes and sleep exhaustion but it does get better, I promise ;)
Have you tried bed sharing? Side caring the crib? Arms reach co-sleeper?
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:28 PM
You sleep when he sleep. Do one thing each week when cleaning then lay down and take a nap.
bethann9988
by Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:41 PM
I try to rest but my mind is my problem it's racing with things I need to do, what to make for dinner, and a cluster of other things.

Quoting oliveoil423: You sleep when he sleep. Do one thing each week when cleaning then lay down and take a nap.
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Think about dinner the night before bed. And take it out.

Do laundry on Monday. Take nap.

Fold laundry on Tuesday take nap.

Put a away on Wednesday.

Then have dh take care of the other stuff when he gets home from work.

Quoting bethann9988: I try to rest but my mind is my problem it's racing with things I need to do, what to make for dinner, and a cluster of other things.

Quoting oliveoil423: You sleep when he sleep. Do one thing each week when cleaning then lay down and take a nap.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:17 PM
It takes time, right now just roll with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethann9988
by Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:39 PM
Thank you. I'll try to do that I just can't ever relax.

Quoting oliveoil423: Think about dinner the night before bed. And take it out.

Put a away on Wednesday.

Quoting bethann9988: I try to rest but my mind is my problem it's racing with things I need to do, what to make for dinner, and a cluster of other things.

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:42 PM
He is 3 weeks! This is all normal!!!! You need to be resting, nap when baby naps, nursing the baby. Bed share if you want. We bed share and everyone gets more sleep. You could also baby wear.
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:11 PM
Yeah.I had to adapt when my daughter was born back in 2012, and deffentently adapt alot more doing the kids laundry, and dh ands I laundry vacuuming, making sure DD is out the door before 830, to get to preschool etc. I have a son also and he just turned one last year.

Quoting bethann9988: Thank you. I'll try to do that I just can't ever relax.

Quoting oliveoil423: Think about dinner the night before bed. And take it out.

Put a away on Wednesday.

Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2016 at 9:03 AM
Not much you can do sleep when he does if you can
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)