• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reflux or vomiting?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:47 AM
  • 28 Replies
So my 4 week old was diagnosed with acid reflux last week. She's been on medicine but the past few days she's been spitting up so much more. Ex. So I just tried to feed her. She ate half an ounce. Stopped. I burped her and waited a minute then she ate another half an ounces (it took her 20 minutes to do all this). Then she stopped I burped her. Then she spat up/ threw up all over herself and me soaking her outfit, the blanket, and filling my lap. A moment later she did it again and made a pool on the floor.
She did this several times last night as well eating only a half an ounce before it happened.
To add she's not eating much period, only 9 ounces total in the last 24 hours. She will only eat 2 ounces at a time max and is going 6 hours without eating at all. Shes sleeping through these times and won't eat when I wake her. She also has a cough which has developed over the 4 days. I took her temp, it was 97.4 under the arm. In the last 24 hours she's had 5 very wet diapers (would have had more if I had checked/ changed her more but I hate waking her when she's asleep) but she hasn't pooped.
I should also add my son was home sick all week and my husband seems to have caught as well. My son had vomiting and a fever plus all the cold stuff my husband seems to just have the cold (although he keeps saying its a super cold and he's dying... Baby lol).
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 5:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:22 AM
Sounds like the baby has it too. Call the pediatrician.
melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:01 AM
Sounds like baby may have it as well.
kiki719
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:02 AM
Take a rectal temperature it's more accurate for her age. Sounds like she has a little cold call the doctor
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:41 AM
Sounds like a cold.
timon95
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 6:43 PM
I would say she has what the others have
expectantmom81
by Erin on Jan. 31, 2016 at 7:35 PM
Could be sick but also the meds can take a bit to take affect.
mama2b100808
by Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:19 PM
I would call the doctor
Gabbysmom615
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 8:31 PM

it sounds like a cold to me

LaniBee
by on Feb. 1, 2016 at 8:09 AM

Maybe she is getting something that's going around the family. Pyloric stenosis made my oldest DD vomit large amounts of formula after every single feeding. Is she fussy or not sleeping much in addition?

Hannahsmommy816
by on Feb. 1, 2016 at 8:50 AM

the diaper count is good..might be a bug?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)