Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soo *Update*

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:00 AM
  • 45 Replies
I have posted before an got some good advice so I'm trying again. My 8 month has had a horrible time sleeping during the day an the night. I stopped sleep training it doesn't work. I have tried co sleeping, putting the pack an play in our room music an white noise. She still is waking 8 to 12 times a nigh. She wakes 4 times in a 2 hour period. I feel so bad Cause she's so miserable all day cause she's not sleeping. Im wondering if anyone has any more advice? She's formula feed an not waking any more to eat just waking up . Advice would be appreciated. *Update* She went to bed tonight at 7 was up by 7:45 back to sleep by 8 up again at 9. Finally got her back down at 11. We tried gripe water see if it helps thanks ladies.
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:03 AM
((Hugs))
Some people just aren't good sleepers :(
I really don't have anything useful other then a hug and a "I can totally understand where you are coming from" and "it does get better"
I know for me those words didn't help at all I wanted something tangible a way that I could help my little one sleep longer, but she's still not a great sleeper and she's almost 4 :/
kiki719
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:06 AM
Lol thanks. Its exhausting I have tried everything I want to cry. All my other ones were good sleepers

Quoting melindabelcher: ((Hugs))
Some people just aren't good sleepers :(
I really don't have anything useful other then a hug and a "I can totally understand where you are coming from" and "it does get better"
I know for me those words didn't help at all I wanted something tangible a way that I could help my little one sleep longer, but she's still not a great sleeper and she's almost 4 :/
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:39 AM
I agree with above. Some kids aren't good sleepers. I have one like that.
Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 9:41 AM
I do remember your other post but I don't know the advice that you got, so if I repeat I'm sorry. A white noise machine and a little night light helped my son. And we had him on a nighttime routine that we did not waver on for a long time. That helped and he got it, one night he slept and we couldn't believe it.
The only other thing is maybe she is teething?
I really do hope that you guys get some rest soon, it really is a terrible feeling to be completely exhausted. Hang in there.
kiki719
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 10:01 AM
I tried white noise didn't work. She is just so.miserable poor baby. Im exhausted but her being miserable is way worse

Quoting Luke8212013: I do remember your other post but I don't know the advice that you got, so if I repeat I'm sorry. A white noise machine and a little night light helped my son. And we had him on a nighttime routine that we did not waver on for a long time. That helped and he got it, one night he slept and we couldn't believe it.
The only other thing is maybe she is teething?
I really do hope that you guys get some rest soon, it really is a terrible feeling to be completely exhausted. Hang in there.
kiki719
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:17 PM
My question to is she doesn't crawl or even try to. Could she not meet milestones due to lack of sleep? I know sleep is crucial for development.

Quoting Mom2Just1: I agree with above. Some kids aren't good sleepers. I have one like that.
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:31 PM
Could be. Babies are cranky beings, rarely sleep, etc. I have a 15 mo the old up every hour nursing right now.

Quoting kiki719: My question to is she doesn't crawl or even try to. Could she not meet milestones due to lack of sleep? I know sleep is crucial for development.

Quoting Mom2Just1: I agree with above. Some kids aren't good sleepers. I have one like that.
kiki719
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Did she meet her milestone? I know you co sleep but does she nap at all

Quoting Mom2Just1: Could be. Babies are cranky beings, rarely sleep, etc. I have a 15 mo the old up every hour nursing right now.

Quoting kiki719: My question to is she doesn't crawl or even try to. Could she not meet milestones due to lack of sleep? I know sleep is crucial for development.

Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:52 PM

How long has this gone on for? I'm sorry she's miserable, my son used to take a 15 minute nap and then just cry all day and be cranky. I started wearing him when we were home and that helped, sometimes he would fall asleep in there. Like some of the others said, some kids just aren't good sleepers. My girlfriends son is 2.5 and is getting up through the night constantly still, while her daughter just turned one and has been sleeping through the night for months now. 

Do you think she's teething, if she is miserable all day long maybe that's going on too. 

Quoting kiki719: I tried white noise didn't work. She is just so.miserable poor baby. Im exhausted but her being miserable is way worse
Quoting Luke8212013: I do remember your other post but I don't know the advice that you got, so if I repeat I'm sorry. A white noise machine and a little night light helped my son. And we had him on a nighttime routine that we did not waver on for a long time. That helped and he got it, one night he slept and we couldn't believe it. The only other thing is maybe she is teething? I really do hope that you guys get some rest soon, it really is a terrible feeling to be completely exhausted. Hang in there.

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 3:36 PM
She is up to 4-6 steps independently walking. I'm figuring it's that.

Quoting kiki719: Did she meet her milestone? I know you co sleep but does she nap at all

Quoting Mom2Just1: Could be. Babies are cranky beings, rarely sleep, etc. I have a 15 mo the old up every hour nursing right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)