Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Emotional help!!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:28 PM
  • 29 Replies
Overall I'm not a very e emotional person. I wore sunglasses at my grandpa burial to hide the fact I wasn't crying, and I was close to him. Last week I got the mirena put in and seems like since then my emotions are everywhere. DH and I went out to lunch and something he said I'd normally joke around with him I snapped at him instead about it. Every little thing has me in tears. Which is abnormal for me. I always feel like he hates me cuz it seems like we never talk anymore. Did anyone have problems with emotions with the mirena?
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wife-4-life
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Birth control in general can do that.

I just went off my BC last week (not mirena, it was a pill), and I've been an emotional mess. My hormones are regulating. Yours are adjusting to the extra hormones from the BC. It should calm down in a couple weeks. If it doesn't, talk to your dr, it may not be the best BC for you.
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:39 PM
It's the only one I can use. Only other option is getting tubes tied.

Quoting wife-4-life: Birth control in general can do that.

I just went off my BC last week (not mirena, it was a pill), and I've been an emotional mess. My hormones are regulating. Yours are adjusting to the extra hormones from the BC. It should calm down in a couple weeks. If it doesn't, talk to your dr, it may not be the best BC for you.
wife-4-life
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 12:41 PM
Why is that? There are other implants that are non-hormonal. I believe they work the same way just without the added hormones.

Quoting lovely.mess: It's the only one I can use. Only other option is getting tubes tied.

lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:04 PM
The medicine I take causes birth control to break down faster and leave the body quicker so like the pill for example on a normal person is like 99% effective. For me it's more like 40%

Quoting wife-4-life: Why is that? There are other implants that are non-hormonal. I believe they work the same way just without the added hormones.

Quoting lovely.mess: It's the only one I can use. Only other option is getting tubes tied.

wife-4-life
by on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:09 PM
I see. So maybe the non-hormonal ParaGard IUD would be better. It is aka a copper IUD.

But just give it a couple more weeks to see if your emotions level out. I now I'd hate to go through years of emotions if it was BC caused.

Quoting lovely.mess: The medicine I take causes birth control to break down faster and leave the body quicker so like the pill for example on a normal person is like 99% effective. For me it's more like 40%

Quoting wife-4-life: Why is that? There are other implants that are non-hormonal. I believe they work the same way just without the added hormones.

melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
The first few weeks can be a difficult adjustment and it sounds like you have some extra life stressors as well. I would give yourself time to adjust to the passing of your grandfather and adjust to the birth control.
The paraguard is a non hormonal iud which sounds like it may be a better option for you.
ceckyl
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
This is what every birth control does to me. I use NFP now
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:38 PM
We used the pullout method after DS worked great for 7 years lol

Quoting ceckyl: This is what every birth control does to me. I use NFP now
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:49 PM
He passed in 2011 I was just using that as an example of my lack of emotions normally. As far as the paraguard I choose the mirena over it cuz I heard it causes heavier periods which I didn't want to deal with. I guess if the mirena doesn't I can look into it more

Quoting melindabelcher: The first few weeks can be a difficult adjustment and it sounds like you have some extra life stressors as well. I would give yourself time to adjust to the passing of your grandfather and adjust to the birth control.
The paraguard is a non hormonal iud which sounds like it may be a better option for you.
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2016 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Supposed to go back to the doctor in a month so we'll see how it goes until then. I definitely wouldn't deal with it for years though

Quoting wife-4-life: I see. So maybe the non-hormonal ParaGard IUD would be better. It is aka a copper IUD.

But just give it a couple more weeks to see if your emotions level out. I now I'd hate to go through years of emotions if it was BC caused.

Quoting lovely.mess: The medicine I take causes birth control to break down faster and leave the body quicker so like the pill for example on a normal person is like 99% effective. For me it's more like 40%

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)