Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why won't she eat.

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:23 PM
  • 15 Replies
My husband and I are getting primary custody of his daughter who is 14 months old. We have run in to a bit of an odd situation our little one refuses to eat no matter what it is. She doesn't like touching food and won't let you put it her mouth. I dealt with a kind of similar situation when my daughter was little but she was a very sick baby. This little one is not sick she just doesn't like food. I'm not sure how to get her to eat. She is on toddler formula because milk binds her up. Any ideas would be appreciated.
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:27 PM
Could be a sensory issue.
allycally
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:28 PM
Is/was she breastfeed?
mommy404204
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:47 PM
Never breast fed her biological mother hasn't been around more that 4 months since she was born. I was thinking possibly a sensory problem. Might try to do feeding therapy once we get custody.
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:56 PM
I agree with the sensory thing. I'd talk to the pedi about it and maybe keep offering different foods with different textures.
mommy404204
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:59 PM
We have to wait until we get custody of her to take her to a different pediatrician. I offer her food at every meal. All different sorts of foods. My 6 year old went through some of this but we knew why. Other than not wanting to eat she is a very happy healthy little girl
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:11 PM

Quoting lovely.mess: I agree with the sensory thing. I'd talk to the pedi about it and maybe keep offering different foods with different textures.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:13 PM

Does she have food allergies?

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Cafe Kelly
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:39 PM

My friend took her son to therapy for eating. He was the same age and the same way. He flat out refused to eat. She said it helped him (and her) get over the issues.

I hope you find some answers. It must be so frustrating.

mommy404204
by Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:41 PM
We don't know if she has food allergies she won't try anything.
luckyinlife
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:45 PM
A stress reaction maybe. Sounds like life is unstable right now. Is she underweight or showing signs of malnutrition? Have you asked her current guardian if she/he/they are having the same problem?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)