Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want another baby, but our finances aren't good

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:56 PM
  • 15 Replies
I can't seem to find peace in my heart.
We owe a lot of money. Most of our debt is medical bills. The last three years have been very testing. Everyone got their health back, and I am grateful for that. But I know in my heart my family is not complete. I am almost 37 and my husband is 45. Our son is two.
Sometimes I feel guilty for wanting another child when we're not in a good place financially. We are not at a point where we have to file for bankruptcy, but money is tight.
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisUsmcWifey
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry, medical bills suck, I know that all too well. Have you guys tried to see if the hospital is willing to set up a payment plan? There's nothing wrong with wanting a second child, it takes a big person to admit the timing may not be right. Keep your chin up!
nekoXfishie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:57 PM
I know the feeling. I have 14 month old and I've been wanting a second child since dd was 6 months old but money is tight. I hope both our finances improve soon.
Aquarius_RN
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 12:01 AM
Part of being a good parent is knowing you can provide for your children, so just know that what you are doing is the best thing for your child. Your being a good parent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wife-4-life
by on Mar. 12, 2016 at 12:19 AM
I've had my fair share of medical bills. We called the hospital billing department and asked if they did charitable right offs (they wave your bill and right it off on taxes basically). If they said yes we applied for it, I was able to get it once and they covered the next year's expenses too. If they said no, we set up a payment plan and it helped greatly. Towards the end, they wrote some of it off too.

I suggest getting the bills & debts figured out first before deciding yes or no to another.
g5em
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 7:57 AM
We did get our monthly payments to be low. We stop have to negotiate some other bills though. I know in my head timing isn't right. My husband is who puts my feet on the ground.

Quoting HisUsmcWifey: I'm sorry, medical bills suck, I know that all too well. Have you guys tried to see if the hospital is willing to set up a payment plan? There's nothing wrong with wanting a second child, it takes a big person to admit the timing may not be right. Keep your chin up!
melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 7:57 AM
Yes this

Quoting Aquarius_RN: Part of being a good parent is knowing you can provide for your children, so just know that what you are doing is the best thing for your child. Your being a good parent.
melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 7:58 AM
How long will you be paying down the debt?
Can you plan for a baby in another year from now?
g5em
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 7:58 AM
I hope our finances improve soon too! Good luck to you guys. I've known for a while too that I want one more child. Tou understand the feeling :)

Quoting nekoXfishie: I know the feeling. I have 14 month old and I've been wanting a second child since dd was 6 months old but money is tight. I hope both our finances improve soon.
g5em
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 8:16 AM
That's our plan now. I will be 38 by the time I deliver a second baby, my age is my concern.

Quoting melindabelcher: How long will you be paying down the debt?
Can you plan for a baby in another year from now?
g5em
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 8:19 AM
Wow, I didn't know that could be an option. We will look into it definitely. Thank you!

Quoting wife-4-life: I've had my fair share of medical bills. We called the hospital billing department and asked if they did charitable right offs (they wave your bill and right it off on taxes basically). If they said yes we applied for it, I was able to get it once and they covered the next year's expenses too. If they said no, we set up a payment plan and it helped greatly. Towards the end, they wrote some of it off too.

I suggest getting the bills & debts figured out first before deciding yes or no to another.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)