Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Walkers

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:05 PM
  • 42 Replies
Do you feel that walkers, exersaucer, jumperoos, etc are necessary? I personally feel like babies learn more being able to play and explore without being stuck in something. Yes they are convient at times. Will you buy any of these items?
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:06 PM

None of them are necessary.

Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:07 PM

Neither are cribs, strollers, disposable diapers. Almost everything you find in the baby aisle is just a way to make money.

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 11:10 PM
Not necessary. I have an exersaucer that mil bought for baby. It's nice for a few minutes here and there but any longer than that and she hates it. I wouldn't have spent the money on my own for it. All of my kids have been happier on the floor with a pile of toys
Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 5:57 AM

My son loved his exersaucer. We were given it by a friend and I wasn't sure if we would use it, I'm so glad we had it though! Even after he started standing up and not going in it anymore- he would make his way over to it and still play with it. If/when we have another baby we will use it again for sure. 

melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 7:51 AM
None are necessary but two of my kiddos have loved the jumperoo.
It wasn't safe for us to let her crawl around the floor so in the pack and play, on a blanket or jumperoo were it.
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 8:27 AM
I agree. I was thinking about the jumperoo but I'm able to block off our family room for baby to play in. However there is the brick wall at the fireplace that has both DH and I concerned. We haven't had a baby proofed house for 8 years so it will be a huge adjustment all together. I'm guilty of leaving things that are chocking hazard where baby could reach so that over the next few months I'll have to change those habits soon

Quoting melindabelcher: None are necessary but two of my kiddos have loved the jumperoo.
It wasn't safe for us to let her crawl around the floor so in the pack and play, on a blanket or jumperoo were it.
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 1:26 PM
We don't use any of those things.
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 1:31 PM
The walker I know we won't use. And if we get one of the others it will either be one or the other. But we might do without either one.

Quoting Mom2Just1: We don't use any of those things.
ceckyl
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 1:34 PM
Walkers are illegal here, but my jump a roo has gotten pretty good use from my kids. It's not an all day place for them, but it has its conveniences.
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 1:40 PM
Stroller I could live without and I'd give cloth diapers a try but admit I never have. As for crib I don't do cosleeping so this is a must have for me. Occasionally baby will sleep with us but its not an every night thing.

Quoting Bethbeth:

Neither are cribs, strollers, disposable diapers. Almost everything you find in the baby aisle is just a way to make money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)