• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 4 month old has a funny sleeping position...

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:29 PM
  • 2 Replies
Hi all!! My 4 month old has been sleeping through the night for about 2 months now. He loves to be in his swaddle, he used to fall right asleep when I put him in the swaddle. Since he has figured out how to roll, he rolls while trying to fall asleep in his swaddle and is face down. He rolls completely onto his belly BEFORE he is sleeping and screams of course. I always go in there and turn him back around and watch him until he is in a safe sleeping position. In the morning he is always cuddled next to the edge. So I've tried keeping one arm out and both arms out but he likes to be swaddled. I've also noticed that he likes his cheek and body on the side on the crib where the bumpers are. (I know you are not supposed to have bumpers but they are very firm, no mommy shaming). I'm pretty sure he likes his cheek and body to be touching something cuz it feel like when he nurses, my older son liked the same thing but transitioned well from no swaddle.

So now I'm wondering if I should just place his body to the edge and possibly remove the bumpers to be safer, or continue to fight with him with to get him out of a swaddle. What are your guys thoughts? Thanks so much!!
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Not much help here. My babies slept in the crook of my arm for at least their first year. Would you consider side-carring the crib to your bed so he could be close to you? That's really a basic need for babies.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:58 PM

I would remove the bumpers but I'm not sure on the rest. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)