Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dr update

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:53 PM
  • 26 Replies
We had 4 month check up today. Developmentally she is right on track. Because of all the throwing up she went from 6.5kg to 5.8kg and has had no wet diapers since 9am on the 21st. Woke up this morning dry. They did a clean catch urine sample to test for any infections. The doctor wanted to have her admitted but then decided to let me take her home but if she doesn't have wet diapers by 8pm tonight I'm supposed to bring her back and they will admit her.
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:00 PM

The dry diaper thing would scare me but I've also never had a sick baby, all mine were over 1 the first time they got sick : / I hope little one gets a wet diaper and I'm thinking of you and your little one <3

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:20 PM

Hope she feels better! Is she nursing or taking her bottles at all?

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:33 PM
Yes but only in small amounts. She has become very lathergic

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Hope she feels better! Is she nursing or taking her bottles at all?

Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Oh my goodness, I hope your baby starts feeling better quickly. I would've wanted to take her to the hospital for fluids. 

hmhiggins87
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:01 PM
I would've taken her asap to get fluids if she hasn't peed in that long at that age, and you also said she's lethargic. I would be very concerned....
seaturtle1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:16 PM

I agree with the other ladies it is time to go in.

lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:30 PM
They where going to admit her from the doctors office but then decided to send her home and do a follow up in the morning or be admitted tonight. She just took 1.5oz out of 2oz of ped took 20 minutes for her to take that and 1oz of formula.

Quoting Luke8212013:

Oh my goodness, I hope your baby starts feeling better quickly. I would've wanted to take her to the hospital for fluids. 

lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:31 PM
Sad thing is I've been to the ER twice, urgent care once and a doctors appointment. At two different hospitals and keep getting sent home

Quoting seaturtle1:

I agree with the other ladies it is time to go in.

lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:33 PM
I've taken her in 4 times since Thursday and just keep getting sent home. Guess they want you to wait until your baby is absolutely sick before doing anything now

Quoting hmhiggins87: I would've taken her asap to get fluids if she hasn't peed in that long at that age, and you also said she's lethargic. I would be very concerned....
hmhiggins87
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:44 PM
The way your post is worded makes it seem like they wanted to admit her but you wanted to wait a little longer. You don't have to wait for your regular doctor to decide to admit either. You can definitely take her on your own to the ER for fluids and have further tests ran then what your Dr can do...

Quoting lovely.mess: I've taken her in 4 times since Thursday and just keep getting sent home. Guess they want you to wait until your baby is absolutely sick before doing anything now

Quoting hmhiggins87: I would've taken her asap to get fluids if she hasn't peed in that long at that age, and you also said she's lethargic. I would be very concerned....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)