Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flat head! Help!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:29 PM
  • 21 Replies

I've been noticing that our son's head in the back is starting to look flatter. My mom commented on it as well when she was visiting last week. He's a little over 1 1/2 months old. Stupid me, I googled it and saw some pretty scary pictures. @_@ In the caption of one it said it can be permenant. I know to put him on his tummy more, but is this a permenant thing? With more tummy time will it go to be not so flat? It's not as angular as other pictures show but it's kind of flat looking. :S 

by on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:35 PM
Haha no. He just keeps moving his back and forth on flat surfs like the carpet, his crib, car seat. That can cause a flat head.
AbbeysMom2013
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 9:51 PM
When you lay baby down try to alternate how you lay his head. Laying him down both on the left and right. It shouldn't be perminate unless you ignore it.
StarburstKisses
by Member on Apr. 11, 2016 at 10:28 PM

Thank you guys! ^_^

melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:51 AM
Keep him off his back more. Problem solved :)
Nothing to worry about :)
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:41 PM

Nothing to worry about ..  :)

sanj1213
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 1:21 PM
I don't think it's permanent. Try alternating him on his sides when you lay him down.
delanna6two
by on Apr. 12, 2016 at 2:42 PM

Hope all works out...

Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2016 at 2:48 PM

Mobile Photo

Keep him off his back as much as you can tummy time helps a lot and baby wearing. I also bought and i swear by them for when they have to be on their backs its called a baby head shaper pillow and i put it inside a silk pillow case the pillow case also prevents the hair from breaking and causing that bald spot. Again never leave baby unattended with a pillow. They are tiny pillows not big its not fluffy at all but they are great they work i used it with my last two babies they sell them all over amazon is cheaper.
timon95
by on Apr. 12, 2016 at 2:56 PM
Start having more tummy time
goddess99
by on Apr. 12, 2016 at 3:22 PM
Make you are turning his head while he sleeps. He must not move his head on his own much.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)