Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurt and confused

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 3:28 PM
  • 11 Replies
So i recently found out im pregnant with baby #2 and my husband is freaking out but saying hes happy....well last night he told me on the phone that he hopes its not a viable pregnancy...... i love him but right now i dont want anything to do with him. I am so disgusted and hurt. Especially since he knows ive had 4 miscarriages in the past along with having to be on fertility drugs.... im hoping his attitude towards this baby changes but how am i supposed to be happy about this little miracle when he says crap like that? How am i to believe what he says is true if he does eventually become happy about it?
by on Jun. 11, 2016 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisUsmcWifey
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Ummm wow, that's a really douchebag thing to say to someone. -_-
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 4:45 PM
I would be hurt as well.
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 5:08 PM
Counseling, at least for yourself. Are there any local expectant /new mother groups you can join, La Leche League for instance? He may be unwilling or unable to express his feelings about your previous losses. In men, fear sometimes shows itself very strangely.
TrishaAnn85
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 5:24 PM
I'm so sorry. That was very inconsiderate of him to say. My ex, when we found out we were going to have our 3rd when our middle just turned 1, he said are you fucking kidding me. Well, I had a miscarriage between 1 and 2 so that hurt a little. However, he loves our daughter. Men do not seem to think before they say some things. After you get over the anger, try and talk to him. Let him know how awful and disgusted you feel that he said that. I wish I had more advice but stay strong and I wish you the best!
bbucco12
by Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 5:46 PM
I confronted him about it last night and told him he was an inconsiderate asshole. Me and him werent together when i had the miscarriages so he luckily is oblivious to the heartache and mental anguish losing an unborn child causes
TrishaAnn85
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2016 at 6:04 PM
I would've said the same thing. Or worse. He didn't have to go through that with you, but he still should know that's not right to say. At all. Give him time to realize he's stupid and go from there. Sometimes when men aren't ready and/or scared, their brain doesn't connect to their mouth!
Element5
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 8:45 AM
Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope it will all go well!

Speak to your hubby! Tell him how it makes you feel! Tell he it turned you off since you went through such heart breaking ordeals. ( just saw your comment about him not being there) tell him! Tell him how heart breaking and hard it has been.

And see what his reason is...
Mommy2BDaisy
by Member on Jun. 12, 2016 at 9:34 PM

That is really cruel.  I hope things get better for you all soon!

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 13, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Congrats on your pregnancy! That was a cruel thing to say : ( 

KAP4198
by Member on Jun. 13, 2016 at 2:05 PM

What is wrong with him??? Sorry youre dealing with that.  Just a question (not trying to be rude) why were you doing fertility treatment if he didn't want a baby?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)