Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad Breath

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:39 AM
  • 16 Replies

My ilttle one is 8 months old and teething bad. One tooth has partially broke through and more are coming. She's drooling like crazy and chewing on everything (her toys, wet wash clothes). Yesterday I noticed her breath stinks. I can't really explain what it smells like but it kind of reminds me of a drs office smell if that makes sense. She's mostly bf but has a few formula bottles each day. My question is should I take her in to see the dr? Normally I'd wait a few days but Fri we head out of state for 2 weeks. She's eating normal, pooping normal, no fever, a litttle runny nose on and off.  What would you do? (Everytime I call the dr they just say to come in)

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:53 AM
It may be the formula. If you can slowly cut it back and increase breastfeeding, that would be good. If not, just be sure you clean her teeth and gums after every formula feeding. Also, lip and tongue ties can cause bacteria and food residue to be trapped. Has she been checked for ties? Regular doctors generally don't know much about ties or the problems they can cause.
AzariahsMother
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:15 PM

Doesn't sound like anything I would worry about. 

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:58 PM

I would cut back on the formula and brush her teeth.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

allycally
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:02 PM
I agree with the ladies above about cutting back on formula.On a side note my ds12 says that dds breath smells like cheese,lol.She 1 now but has been mainly breastfed all that time.
Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:14 PM
Are you able to get a good look at inside her mouth? Do you brush her teeth?
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:59 PM

Quoting Luke8212013: Are you able to get a good look at inside her mouth? Do you brush her teeth?

These are my questions too

mommyofone123
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:49 PM

Yeah. She just cut her first tooth but I wipe her mouth and gums with a wash cloth. I don't see anything in her mouth and her throat is normal color.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting Luke8212013: Are you able to get a good look at inside her mouth? Do you brush her teeth?

Element5
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 9:40 AM
I have one of those banana toothbrushes so I put baby toothpaste on it. And lightly " brush" her gums. I had that with my baby few times. But mine was on formula.

I do not think there is anything that a DDS can do nor does it sound like a problem.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Sep. 8, 2016 at 11:24 AM

Could just be something she is eating maybe?

Quoting mommyofone123: Yeah. She just cut her first tooth but I wipe her mouth and gums with a wash cloth. I don't see anything in her mouth and her throat is normal color.
Quoting la_bella_vita:

Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 2:12 PM
I'd probably guess it's just the formula. If there are no other worries I wouldn't sweat it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)