Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Allergies?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:15 AM
  • 17 Replies

Can a 3 week old BF baby have allergies? Like the sniffling and sneezing kind?

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:53 PM
Yes!
AzariahsMother
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:01 PM

Can a 3wk old baby have allergies, yes but it's very hard to detect.  Can they sniffle and sneeze, yes, but doesn't mean it's allergies.

TotallyWarped
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:40 PM
She sounds congested and wheezy like she's breathing hard. :/

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Can a 3wk old baby have allergies, yes but it's very hard to detect.  Can they sniffle and sneeze, yes, but doesn't mean it's allergies.

AzariahsMother
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:45 PM
Could have a cold, adjusting to living environment. Is it dusty could be affecting her breathing.

Any signs of fever, eating less, more/less stools?

I would see a doctor after 3 days if doesn't get better or gets worse. At 3 weeks it will be hard to text for allergies just because they haven't been exposed to many things.

Quoting TotallyWarped: She sounds congested and wheezy like she's breathing hard. :/

Quoting AzariahsMother:

la_bella_vita
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:56 PM

Yes, it's possible. If you are ever worried, you can call your pedi.

TotallyWarped
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Ok I'll keep watching. DH had asthma as a child so I'm just super paranoid

Quoting AzariahsMother: Could have a cold, adjusting to living environment. Is it dusty could be affecting her breathing.

I would see a doctor after 3 days if doesn't get better or gets worse. At 3 weeks it will be hard to text for allergies just because they haven't been exposed to many things.

Quoting TotallyWarped: She sounds congested and wheezy like she's breathing hard. :/

Quoting AzariahsMother:

AzariahsMother
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:37 PM
Oh I understand your concerns. I have asthma, DD16 does so I'm pretty sure DD9 months will. Anytime DD9 months coughs I'm listening. There was a wheeze for a little while and I ended up taking her in after 3 days and it was phlegm cause she hadn't learned how to clear her throat. When she started teething it was runny nose and congestion too.

Quoting TotallyWarped: Ok I'll keep watching. DH had asthma as a child so I'm just super paranoid

Quoting AzariahsMother: Could have a cold, adjusting to living environment. Is it dusty could be affecting her breathing.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:21 PM
Could she have Laryngomalacia? I'm pretty sure I spelled that right, google it or watch a video on YouTube. My son had this and he was a noisy breather.
Baby's can have allergies at that age, or it could be a cold.
Does she have a pediatrician appt coming up?
TotallyWarped
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 6:25 AM
Not until Oct

Quoting Luke8212013: Could she have Laryngomalacia? I'm pretty sure I spelled that right, google it or watch a video on YouTube. My son had this and he was a noisy breather.
Baby's can have allergies at that age, or it could be a cold.
Does she have a pediatrician appt coming up?
Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 7:41 AM
Of course
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)