Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

14 month old waking up.....

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:05 PM
  • 24 Replies

My 14 month old daughter keeps waking up at night, wanting a milk bottle.

I feed her table food and at dinner time I feed her until she either spits it out, or shakes her head.

Before bedtime I make her a milk bottle and she goes to sleep not much longer after.

Around 2:30/3:00, shes up again wanting another bottle.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? This is my 4th child, but my other 3 didnt do this...HELP!

(Is she too old for a bottle?)

TIA :)

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:35 PM
I've nursed all my kids through the ought well past a year. She is too old for
Bottles and especially with milk in them. Try for s sippy cup of water.
AzariahsMother
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I spoke with my DD9 month's doctor yesterday because she has been doing this and also noticed that a few people in the group have this same issue where baby is waking up every now and than in the middle of the night and she said it's possible due to development in my case.  DD just learned how to walk and she said sometimes when babies are going through a development they have more disrupted sleep.  She also mention this could happen during a growth spurt too. 

la_bella_vita
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:54 PM

She could just be going through a growth spurt. I'm personally not a fan of bottles against 1 but many people including my best friend disagree. Would she take a sippy? Or does she need cuddle time?

MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:56 PM
Could indeed be a growth or developmental spurt. Her teeth and gums need to be cleaned if she has milk at night. No more bottles--they will cause poor oral development.
CROBERSON
by Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 9:05 AM
My other 3 didn't have a bottle after 1. I just can't seem to get her off.
So milk at night is a no go?

Quoting Mom2Just1: I've nursed all my kids through the ought well past a year. She is too old for
Bottles and especially with milk in them. Try for s sippy cup of water.
CROBERSON
by Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 9:08 AM
I didn't give my older kids bottled after 1, but I cant seem to get her off. She doesn't like cold milk. She does take a soppy during the day, and bottle at night only. When she starts tossing and turning, I hold her to see if that will help, but it doesn't.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

She could just be going through a growth spurt. I'm personally not a fan of bottles against 1 but many people including my best friend disagree. Would she take a sippy? Or does she need cuddle time?

CROBERSON
by Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 9:10 AM
Hopefully it is just a growth or developmental spurt.
Is milk at night bad for her? She won't drink it cold. I only give her 2 bottles a day. My older children stopped drinking from the bottle at 1. I guess I'm going to just not give her a bottle.
What about a sippy cup at night?

Quoting MusherMaggie: Could indeed be a growth or developmental spurt. Her teeth and gums need to be cleaned if she has milk at night. No more bottles--they will cause poor oral development.
Biene_Maja
by Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 9:49 AM

That is normal, for a baby to wake up at night requiring something to drink/eat. I do believe she is too old for a bottle and she should not fall asleep with milk in her mouth, as that can cause serious dental complications. 

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 10:50 AM

It can rot her teeth.

Quoting CROBERSON: My other 3 didn't have a bottle after 1. I just can't seem to get her off. So milk at night is a no go?
Quoting Mom2Just1: I've nursed all my kids through the ought well past a year. She is too old for Bottles and especially with milk in them. Try for s sippy cup of water.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

la_bella_vita
by on Sep. 8, 2016 at 11:00 AM

I know that's why my best friend still does the bottle in the middle of the night. I just worry because she said the dentist told her it could rot baby's teeth.

Quoting CROBERSON: Hopefully it is just a growth or developmental spurt. Is milk at night bad for her? She won't drink it cold. I only give her 2 bottles a day. My older children stopped drinking from the bottle at 1. I guess I'm going to just not give her a bottle. What about a sippy cup at night?
Quoting MusherMaggie: Could indeed be a growth or developmental spurt. Her teeth and gums need to be cleaned if she has milk at night. No more bottles--they will cause poor oral development.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)