Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you start working out?

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:26 PM
  • 16 Replies
My midwife cleared me for light walking at my 2 week pp visit, but since I'm still bleeding, I didn't get cleared for anything else. It's very light now at 4 weeks pp, can I up the activity yet? Or do I need to wait? Also when will the bleeding stop? I don't remember it lasting this long with ds. :( my birthday is the same week as my 6 weeks pp and I was really hoping to be done by then.
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by on Oct. 23, 2016 at 2:49 PM

Before 6 weeks, I did light walking, I didn't really start working out until 2 months.

AutasticMomx2
by on Oct. 23, 2016 at 3:12 PM
Psychologically I need to work out, but I can't imagine where I will find the time or energy.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Before 6 weeks, I did light walking, I didn't really start working out until 2 months.

KiaJR
by Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 3:12 PM

I never erally quit.

AutasticMomx2
by on Oct. 23, 2016 at 3:16 PM
That was always my goal, but my pregnancies are brutal. :(

Quoting KiaJR:

I never erally quit.

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I ran through my pregnancy. I did take 6 weeks off.
la_bella_vita
by on Oct. 23, 2016 at 7:43 PM

I always get PPD the first 2 months so I should have been working out but I felt worn out and "not" myself you know? Once I was able to start working out though I always felt better.

Quoting AutasticMomx2: Psychologically I need to work out, but I can't imagine where I will find the time or energy.
Quoting la_bella_vita:

AutasticMomx2
by on Oct. 23, 2016 at 8:19 PM
That's my problem too. Idk if I want meds or not though. Dd is a terrible sleeper too and a total boob addict so she's just draining me on top of the regular ppd stuff. Ugh. I love her but I'm so glad she is my last. Hopefully I can't get it all together soon.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I always get PPD the first 2 months so I should have been working out but I felt worn out and "not" myself you know? Once I was able to start working out though I always felt better.

Quoting AutasticMomx2: Psychologically I need to work out, but I can't imagine where I will find the time or energy.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

smorgan865
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 8:20 PM
I never did. Honestly both times I was hoping to keep some of the weight and never could.
AutasticMomx2
by on Oct. 23, 2016 at 8:56 PM
I actually find I keep weight on better when I workout. I do cross training type stuff combined with 1 month breaks of just yoga and walking whenever my body feels worn out. I too struggle to keep the weight on :(

Quoting smorgan865: I never did. Honestly both times I was hoping to keep some of the weight and never could.
la_bella_vita
by on Oct. 24, 2016 at 12:55 PM

Breastfeeding made my PPD worse in my opinion but once I hit 2 months I was glad I stuck with breastfeeding but I did think about quitting! I won't lie. I felt drained and overwhelmed. There is nothing wrong with medicine, they put me on a lose dose for about 6 months and I felt so much better. Post Partum Anxiety which I had with my last two babies was the worst : ( I was fearful and anxious over everything!

Quoting AutasticMomx2: That's my problem too. Idk if I want meds or not though. Dd is a terrible sleeper too and a total boob addict so she's just draining me on top of the regular ppd stuff. Ugh. I love her but I'm so glad she is my last. Hopefully I can't get it all together soon.
Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)