Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brushing Teeth

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:02 AM
  • 11 Replies

DD10 months has 8 teeth and we recently started to brush.  At first she hated it, and now she enjoys sucking the water from the brush and eating the tooth paste.  We don't always get a clean brush in, but as long as I get a brush on the top and one on the bottom I am happy.

Do you brush your little ones teeth?

How is it going?

by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:11 AM

We do once they start getting teeth. Now at 2 and 4 they love it!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

AutasticMomx2
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 10:36 AM
We found that electric brushes made ds happy, so we did that starting around 1 year.

Dr told me I need to start doing dds gums and tongue as she has a severe milk coating. Should be fun since she gags on everything.
sanj1213
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:25 AM
Dd is 18 months and I'm so glad she lets me brush her teeth. She likes to suck the water from the toothbrush as well.
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:37 AM
Quoting AutasticMomx2: We found that electric brushes made ds happy, so we did that starting around 1 year.

Dr told me I need to start doing dds gums and tongue as she has a severe milk coating. Should be fun since she gags on everything.

Severe milk coating? Im wondering if it's thrush?

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

melindabelcher
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:09 PM
As soon as they have teeth we start and all my kiddos have no problems with brushing
AutasticMomx2
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 12:44 PM
She's had it since my milk came in. It never gets better or worse. I have zero symptoms of thrush.

Quoting MusherMaggie:
Quoting AutasticMomx2: We found that electric brushes made ds happy, so we did that starting around 1 year.

AzariahsMother
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 2:22 PM

Even though you have zero symptoms of thrush doesn't mean the child isn't experiencing it.

Have you asked the doctor about it at all?

Quoting AutasticMomx2: She's had it since my milk came in. It never gets better or worse. I have zero symptoms of thrush.
Quoting MusherMaggie:
Quoting AutasticMomx2: We found that electric brushes made ds happy, so we did that starting around 1 year. Dr told me I need to start doing dds gums and tongue as she has a severe milk coating. Should be fun since she gags on everything.

WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2016 at 4:19 PM

We do. She loves it! She is at the stage where she wants to brush her own teeth, then it's my turn. 

Alexsi1
by on Oct. 27, 2016 at 6:42 PM

We started around a year old when his first tooth popped through, to get him used to the toothbrush. He does it completely on his own now at age 5.

la_bella_vita
by on Oct. 28, 2016 at 11:03 AM

All of mine have always loved brushing their teeth and I started doing it when they got their first tooth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)