Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She crosses her fingers, all the time!

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:59 PM
  • 11 Replies
My 17 mo little girl constantly crosses her finger. Like when you cross them for good luck. It's something she has started doing in the last month. I wasn't too concerned at first. I just thought it was something new she learned. But, now she does it all the time. I've got a call in to her Pediatrician, but just wondering if anyone has dealt with this before.
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:16 PM
I'm sure it's normal. Maybe a new trick she learned.
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2017 at 8:34 PM
It would only be a problem if she couldn't uncross them. Give her lots of tactile activities to devlop her gross and fine motor skills--play-doh, finger painting, pouring water from one cup to another (good at bath time), sorting blocks or other objects into containers.
mnmo3bb
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2017 at 2:25 AM

I'm not sure, I've seen little babies do that. Like MusherMaggie said, is she working through gaining motor skills? Encourage her to hold a writing utensil is something I'd add to the list for gross motor skills. Legos are really good too, you can get Duplo for her age. 

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 16, 2017 at 5:16 PM

Sounds like she has learned a new skill and wants to keep doing it!

othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2017 at 6:32 PM

I wouldn't worry to much about it as long as she uncrosses them to do stuff. Keep working  on fine motor skills with her, stacking blocks, holding silverware, ect

michelledavis
by Member on Jan. 17, 2017 at 9:37 AM
She keeps them crossed when she does most of her things. That's why it concerned me. I will keep working with her tho. Maybe it's just something new she has learned.

Quoting othermom:

I wouldn't worry to much about it as long as she uncrosses them to do stuff. Keep working  on fine motor skills with her, stacking blocks, holding silverware, ect

MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2017 at 9:54 AM
Does she do it with both hands?
Kmakksmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2017 at 12:36 PM
Sounds like she learned something cool to do with her fingers! :)
michelledavis
by Member on Jan. 21, 2017 at 9:46 PM
No, she only does it with with her left hand.

Quoting MusherMaggie: Does she do it with both hands?
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2017 at 10:43 PM
Quoting mnmo3bb:

I'm not sure, I've seen little babies do that. Like MusherMaggie said, is she working through gaining motor skills? Encourage her to hold a writing utensil is something I'd add to the list for gross motor skills. Legos are really good too, you can get Duplo for her age. 

She's only nine months old.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)