Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rash from allergy?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:50 PM
  • 10 Replies

Mobile Photo

My DD has a rash all over her body except for her face. Does anyone know if this looks like a rash from an allergy or does it look more serious?
by on Jan. 13, 2017 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 7:56 AM
I would take her to the pediatrician. No way to tell from a picture or diagnose from here. Any time something is that widespread the doctor should see it.
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 8:22 AM

Quoting MusherMaggie: I would take her to the pediatrician. No way to tell from a picture or diagnose from here. Any time something is that widespread the doctor should see it.
Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 8:33 AM
Was she recently sick? It could be a viral rash. Has she gotten anything new? I agree with the others to have her seen by her pediatrician.
tina_a
by Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 10:38 AM
I have her an appointment but he can't see her untill Friday. I didn't want to have to take her to the emergency room but I don't want to wait if it may be serious.

Quoting MusherMaggie: I would take her to the pediatrician. No way to tell from a picture or diagnose from here. Any time something is that widespread the doctor should see it.
tina_a
by Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 10:41 AM
She has had a cold but other than that no. Nothing has changed as far as anything I'm using either. Except for she has drank more milk than usual. When I was breastfeeding her when I ate too much dairy she would break out like that so I was kinda wondering if that could be the case this time.

Quoting Luke8212013: Was she recently sick? It could be a viral rash. Has she gotten anything new? I agree with the others to have her seen by her pediatrician.
Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 11:24 AM
It might be a viral rash since she has the cold.
But since you said it looks like a familiar rash from eating dairy it could be that. I would not give her as much milk, offer her something else.

Quoting tina_a: She has had a cold but other than that no. Nothing has changed as far as anything I'm using either. Except for she has drank more milk than usual. When I was breastfeeding her when I ate too much dairy she would break out like that so I was kinda wondering if that could be the case this time.

Quoting Luke8212013: Was she recently sick? It could be a viral rash. Has she gotten anything new? I agree with the others to have her seen by her pediatrician.
tina_a
by Member on Jan. 14, 2017 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea I have started doing that and the rash looked better this morning so hopefully that was the issue.

Quoting Luke8212013: It might be a viral rash since she has the cold.
But since you said it looks like a familiar rash from eating dairy it could be that. I would not give her as much milk, offer her something else.

Quoting tina_a: She has had a cold but other than that no. Nothing has changed as far as anything I'm using either. Except for she has drank more milk than usual. When I was breastfeeding her when I ate too much dairy she would break out like that so I was kinda wondering if that could be the case this time.

mnmo3bb
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2017 at 2:23 AM

how's she doing? Looks like it could be viral or a reaction. Hard to tell. My youngest had a bad rash and we couldn't see the flares up until I got him healed up enough then he was diagnosed with a ton of allergies. He was being exposed to some things when we'd eat them (so butter on popcorn for example) I still can't eat eggs (he's 15.5m & nursing...) I hope you get answers!

tina_a
by Member on Jan. 16, 2017 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Her rash is pretty much gone. She sees the doctor on Friday so I'm hoping he can tell me something I almost think it had to be a reaction to something. Thanks for asking!

Quoting mnmo3bb:

how's she doing? Looks like it could be viral or a reaction. Hard to tell. My youngest had a bad rash and we couldn't see the flares up until I got him healed up enough then he was diagnosed with a ton of allergies. He was being exposed to some things when we'd eat them (so butter on popcorn for example) I still can't eat eggs (he's 15.5m & nursing...) I hope you get answers!

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 16, 2017 at 9:03 PM

It's hard to tell, I hope it goes away soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)