Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

foreskin .. help?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:42 AM
  • 24 Replies

I have 2 boys a 4 year old and a 1 and a half year old. When my first Son was born his doctor at the time said that i should leave his penus skin alone and not try to pull it back back because i could hurt him. So i did, i just made sure he was always clean. My mother today helped me give my youngest a bath and noticed i hadn't pulled my sons skin back and asked if i had not done it with my other son and i said no, and she Freaked! she said i should have had  since they were tiny babies. She was really worried and Now i am really worried too. they have never had any sort of issue..

can someone shed some light into my situation?

Should i have pulled their skin back when they were babies?

if so what do i do now?...

by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nekoXfishie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 11:49 AM
Never pull the foreskin back, it can cause infections, problems later and can be painful for the boy.
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 7:46 PM
Never heard of that.
newmelly2009
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:15 PM
Interesting..I would think not pulling it back and cleaning it would cause infection.
Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:32 PM
Thats what I thought
I have three boys and always clean the entire area

Quoting newmelly2009: Interesting..I would think not pulling it back and cleaning it would cause infection.
kmeow
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:34 PM
The old school advice is to pull it back and clean, which is probably why your mom freaked out since that's more from her time. Modern advice says to leave it in place until it retracts in its own. You're doing what you're supposed to.
Lynette
by on Jan. 18, 2017 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

So your sons are intact? If so than yes it's hands off. Clean outside if it gets poop on it and that's it. https://www.yourwholebaby.org/basic-intact-care/
newmelly2009
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 9:02 PM
Better show your mom this ^^^^ lol
sunshinepraying
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2017 at 10:18 PM

I was told to leave it alone..not to pull it back.

Kjsmomma32
by on Jan. 19, 2017 at 1:09 AM
I think it means hands off but our son is circumcised so IDK
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2017 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't touch it!!!!

What care of the foreskin and penis is needed in infants, children and teenagers?

The foreskin and penis of an infant or child need no special care. A child's foreskin should never be pulled back (retracted) by force.

During the first few years of life, the foreskin is stuck to the head of the penis by a membrane (called the synechia). This membrane or connective tissue dissolves naturally – a process that should never be hurried.

The foreskin can be pulled back when its inside surface separates from the head of the penis and the foreskin's opening widens. This process happens naturally in childhood or during puberty, and has usually happened by the age of 18. Even if the head of the penis and the foreskin separate naturally in infancy, the foreskin may still not be able to be pulled back because the opening in an infant's foreskin may only be large enough for the passage of wee (urine).

When a young boy pulls at his foreskin, he usually pulls it outward. This is normal and natural and no cause for concern; he won't hurt himself.

Once the foreskin is ready to be pulled back, your son will most probably discover this for himself. He should be the first person to pull back his foreskin.

Telling your son about pulling back his foreskin beforehand will keep him from becoming alarmed the first time it happens.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)