Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I broke the crib.

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:07 AM
  • 14 Replies
Ds woke up and when I went to get him out of the crib he did the "I want to get out of the crib, but I'm too tired to sit up" thing. So he's crying his little head off at the back corner of the crib. I lean over the rail to pick him up and I hear a "CRACK!" I felt the top rail, and thats what broke. It's a cheap, particle board crib (a gift from my parents. It looks really nice!) so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

I don't have anywhere else for him to sleep. So I put some duct tape over the crack until I can see it in the morning. Idk how bad it is, but it doesn't feel like it's a bad crack. We can't afford to get a new crib until df gets his bonus at the end of the month, so I'm hoping it's ok until then. Idk what we will do if it's not ok for him to sleep in. He won't sleep anywhere else. I feel like a dummy. Or a fatass. Who breaks their kids crib?
by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachel216
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:49 PM
I broke our pack n play when we didn't have a crib. It happens! Don't let it get to you lol.
onehotmama410
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:51 PM
I have good news! Df thinks he can fix it. So he's going to try when he gets home. I'm hoping we don't have to buy a new one! They aren't cheap!

Quoting rachel216: I broke our pack n play when we didn't have a crib. It happens! Don't let it get to you lol.
rachel216
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:58 PM
Quoting onehotmama410: I have good news! Df thinks he can fix it. So he's going to try when he gets home. I'm hoping we don't have to buy a new one! They aren't cheap!

Quoting rachel216: I broke our pack n play when we didn't have a crib. It happens! Don't let it get to you lol.
no they arent!! You maybe to find a decent one on the yard sell pages in your area! Hopefully your dd can fix it
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 5:19 PM

It happens! We bed share so cribs are not really a necessity for us.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Khooks
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 9:31 AM
Hope you can fix it! I had a stool for mine when she was smaller.
Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 1:16 PM
What about a pack n play will he sleep in one of those ? Can you get a second hand crib maybe?
newmelly2009
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 3:14 PM
This! Walmart is cheap and I would call good will stores and see

Quoting Stevensmomma: What about a pack n play will he sleep in one of those ? Can you get a second hand crib maybe?
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 3:19 PM

Go to freecycle.org and see if anyone is giving away their crib.  Also I have seen cribs on craigs list for really cheap price.  Of course you would have to look at it really good up close to see if it was damaged in any way.   Gorilla glue is really good at fixing stuff like that so is epoxy.  

AmaliaD
by on Feb. 17, 2017 at 3:20 PM
My skinny husband broke our crib that same way.
Mammacra
by Member on Feb. 18, 2017 at 12:07 AM
Maybe there is a warranty call the manufacturer don't tell them you broke it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)