Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long for teeth?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

my boy has been "teething" for two weeks now, maybe a little over, he will be fine sometomes, but others you can tell hes in pain, like today i was putting him down for a nap and he was crying , and as soon as i put the orage on, he calmed down and fell asleep... the doc said that his gums were swollen,  and hes constantly "attacking" my face, finger or pretty much anything he can get near his mouth....

family car

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 4:04 PM
It's different for every baby. My daughter had symptoms at three months but no teeth until five months.
mcmlxxxv
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 9:13 PM
I think at longest it starts maybe 3 months before teeth, but if his gums are already that swollen, I would guess it's a matter of weeks or maybe even days.
Khooks
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 9:35 AM
My 17mo has 16 teeth. Some broke through in a day some take weeks to come through after being swollen. Same with pain some I didn't even know about others she was miserable.
AzariahsMother
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 9:39 AM

Every child is different.  I feel like DD has been teething since 6-7 months now.  I now when they are getting ready to pop through only because she has a slight runny nose, and little more cliggy.  She just turned 1 in December and has 6 upper and 6 lower.  She is getting all 4 of her canine right now.  2 have popped through and other 2 are peeking.

Sassym0m24
by Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 6:45 PM
Depends on the tooth, they all have a set time they typically appear but the tricky part is some kids get teeth 2-3 at a time, or don't get some(genetic).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)