Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Clothing sizes?

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:46 PM
  • 17 Replies

I am wondering how many of each size clothing I should try and have for our baby girl on the way. 

by on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2017 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I always start with 8-10 outfits. If my baby ends up being a spitter(spits up a lot) then I double that. My kids are always pretty small for awhile after birth so I do buy the newborn size. I do the same for 0-3/3 months and 3-6 months, and then I usually do 10-12 outfits for the rest of the sizes. I only buy the 8-10 newborn and a couple 0-3 months sized clothes to prep for arrival.
Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I try and do 8 of each size up to size 6mths I don't go any further bc you don't know how big baby will be
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Seven to ten onesies, socks, little sweatsuits, and a couple of dressy outfits. They grow quickly, so don't buy too many of one size. I bought clothes as they grew.
Kylie819
by Member on Feb. 16, 2017 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
You really won't know til baby arrives. Some kids go straight to 0-3, my full term (late actually) daughter wore newborn for 2 months and 0-3 until 6 months. Grab the basics (a few sleepers, onesies, outfits) and add on once you see how baby's growing!
LuvMay2010
by Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 4:33 PM
I would get about 5 nb and a few 0-3 you never know until your baby is born.My son was born in early Dec. He was 11lbs didn't even fit into nb so I had to return alot of clothes.Right now he is a little over 2months and is in 9 month clothes it is so crazy how big he is lol
mcmlxxxv
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 9:34 PM
I'd do maybe 10 onesies and 5 sleepers. DD was born in the spring and I honestly almost never put any pants on her until fall... she just wore onesies or pajamas.
sissyboogs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2017 at 9:41 PM

Part of it depends on how often you'll be able to do laundry. When my first was born, I didn't have a washer and dryer, so I had a ton of clothes because I could only go to the laundry mat once or twice a week. If I needed something before that, I washed it in the tub. 

My first child didn't fit in to newborn clothes for longer than a week or two, so with the second, I didn't even buy that size. I found that I really liked the baby gowns a lot the first month or two. 

You could always just buy a few things, and then after a week or two, if you find that you need more, buy more. With my first, we had so many clothes that he outgrew a lot of them before he even had a chance to wear them. 

lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:08 AM
With dd I feel like she wasn't in nb for very long so I'd get more 0-3 and up. It's always good to be prepared. Just make sure your buying for the right season in bigger sizes. Only problem with buying ahead is if your baby gets ahead in sizes and say your 12 month clothes are shorts and they need those clothes in the winter well your obviously not going to put shorts on if it's 20 degrees
Northern.Maple
by on Feb. 22, 2017 at 2:52 PM

I never really counted, I buy all the baby clothes used and just buy by the bag or box online, I usually only put a select few on them anyways. I say at least 2 outfits perday, plus 2 jammie type outfits perday is good enough.

mama_danetta
by Member on Feb. 22, 2017 at 8:34 PM
Make sure you leave tags on things until you're ready to use them (but wash them first!). That way you can return them if you need to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)