Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 month old grinding teeth

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:23 AM
  • 3 Replies
Hi ds is almost 13 months and he makes sounds like grinding his teeth but his top starting coming in about week ago and they are not all the way showing. Should I be concerned. He only has two bottom and the two top
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AzariahsMother
by on Mar. 20, 2017 at 11:25 AM

DD who is 15 months grinds her teeth too.  I'm thinking I shouldn't be concered only because DD had another annoying habbits like pulling hair and doesn't do that anymore.  She would dig in her ear and doesn't do that anymore.  I'm guessing it's just a phase, but I don't know for sure.  When I hear DD does it I touch her jaw/mouth and say no no we shouldn't do that.  Sometimes she stops and sometimes she doesn't.  I will say it about 3 times and than I leave it alone. 

MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 3:34 PM
Undiagnosed lip and tongue ties can sometimes cause this as well as the teething itself. Treat the teething pain, and have him checked for ties by a pediatrician dentist. Ties can cause tooth decay and misalignment. There is a section on ties in the FAQ forum on the Breastfeeding Moms group.
mnmo3bb
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2017 at 2:46 AM

I didn't like when mine did that! I think they have to get used to the teeth. I'd try to give my youngest something to naw on instead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)