Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fruit Preferences

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:33 PM
  • 20 Replies
Ds#2 is such a strange baby! He won't eat fruit with the exception mangoes and pineapple. When we tried the pureed obes, he would let it sit on his tongue and scream. Tried giving him cut up fruit pieces. Still nada.

My dad blended blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, bananas and pineapples for a smoothie. Ds#2 was staring at his cup so I gave him a spoonful. Well he ended up downing a whole bowl of it.

So it turns out ds#2 just likes fruit smoothies! Lol
by on Apr. 10, 2017 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sanj1213
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 8:40 AM
Those are the best anyway lol. Sounds like he likes the flavor, but not so much the texture.
janessa27
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 10:02 AM

My youngest loves smoothies! He would never touch spinach but he loves "Hulk Juice" lol

othermom
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 10:50 AM

That is great that he will eat them as smoothies.

AzariahsMother
by on Apr. 11, 2017 at 10:55 AM

TFS!

Sailor.Moon.Mom
by Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 10:58 AM

A lot of kids are picky fruit eaters, mine are, they have a select few they enjoy!

My daughter is 15 months but she has always had a hate on for strawberries, picked them out of fruit salads, and just pushed them away. We had not any in the house for months, I gave her some and she downed them right away, and then broke out in a rash, I tease and say she knew she was allergic, just couldn't tell us.

MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 2:02 PM
How old is he?
ThePoopFace
by Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 3:16 PM

I dont blame the kid! Smoothies are awesome. If you blend a bunch of frozen fruit with juice you can put it in the freezer and make sorbets, or Popsicles. Maybe he would like those, and he could eat the popcicles on his own. 

BearFamily12
by Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 3:38 PM
10 months. My bad I fogot to add that!

Quoting MusherMaggie: How old is he?
auntangelofsix
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2017 at 6:52 PM
My 5 year old son Jacob loves apples n bananas n oranges n Grapes.
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2017 at 8:38 AM
Quoting BearFamily12: 10 months. My bad I fogot to add that!

Quoting MusherMaggie: How old is he?

Unless he has a special medical need, there is no need for spoon feeding. Remember that breastmilk or formula should still be his main and major source of calories through his first birthday, and he shouls always be fully nursed before any solids are offered. Mine were more meat eaters by then. I just gave them small pieces of whatever we were having after they nursed. I skipped spoon feeding, cereal and pureed food.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)