Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Swings! *Update*

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:19 AM
  • 27 Replies

I am at a loss on which swing to get!  Some insight from you ladies might help!  I am determining to get one of these two swings:

1. Graco Glider LX Gliding Swing

2. Graco DreamGlider 2 in 1 Gliding Swing & Sleeper

I am going to use it as a sleeper for at night next to our bed to make it easier to breast feed.  I really don't have to be waking up and walking across the whole house every two hours.  Option number 2 seems to be more for this, and is a swing.  Number 1 looks like it could also be a sleeper, but just doesn't advertise for it.  I have been seeing more positive reviews for number 1 versus number 2. 

Which do you think?  I have to order number 2 online and soon if I choose that one.  The other one I can just get in the store. HELP! (cross posted in the "pregnancy" group)

My toddler basically lived in his Graco Swing!  I didn't use it at night, mainly because we were in an apartment then, and his crib was in our room.  But he always slept in it for naps, he wouldn't sleep in the crib during the day (not sure why, LOL).  Here are some pics. 

by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:29 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:09 AM

Oh gosh not sure,
Hopefully others can help :)

timon95
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:12 AM

do you have pics to post as well? I had a graco swing that we used. That was 13yrs ago, nothing as fancy as what is out now. My son loved our simple swing and slept no problem in it

4midablemom
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Baby doesn't need to sleep in a swing, it's dangerous. Get a Moses basket or a bassinet, they'll cost the same or less than a swing.
AzariahsMother
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 11:24 AM

Do you have pictures?

I didn't buy a swing with my 2nd.  No reason why just never did.  Guess mainly because the bouncer had a vibrator.  With my 1st I was gifted 1 so I used it.

virginiamama71
by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:12 PM
I didn't use one.
othermom
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:44 PM

I don't know anything about either, they both look nice. My son was the only one to like his swing and he didn't use his much

sunshinepraying
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 2:19 PM

I've never tried them. I'd look and see which offers the most benefits for your LO

Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 3:58 PM
We liked the fisherprice rock n play better than the swing we also had a mamaroo
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:39 PM
I would caution you about using either of those for sleeping for more than two hours at a time. Like car seats, the baby's position in these swings can compromise his oxygen levels if left in them for more than two hours at a time. A much better choice would be the Arm's Reach Co-sleeper. You can also Google directions to safely side-car the crib to your bed.
soontobemomof_3
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2017 at 4:49 PM

I actually have the rock n' play as well.  But it isn't the one that rocks by itself.  

Quoting Stevensmomma: We liked the fisherprice rock n play better than the swing we also had a mamaroo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)