Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby routine?

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2017 at 9:46 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

What is or was your routine with baby?

Do you make flexible routines or strict ones? How would you sum it up?

by on Aug. 9, 2017 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Aug. 9, 2017 at 9:56 PM
I followed my babies' cues for eating and sleeping. I also co-slept until they were ready to move on from that. I didn't have a very strict routine until the elder one started to school.
Azure
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2017 at 12:50 PM

My routine was baby centered. For the first year I try to stick to their schedules as much as possible. It makes life a lot easier. I know that's not possible for many women, especially those who work outside the home.

la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 10, 2017 at 9:46 PM

I can relate to that, routines got stricter when school started

Quoting MusherMaggie: I followed my babies' cues for eating and sleeping. I also co-slept until they were ready to move on from that. I didn't have a very strict routine until the elder one started to school.

la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 10, 2017 at 9:46 PM

Quoting Azure:

My routine was baby centered. For the first year I try to stick to their schedules as much as possible. It makes life a lot easier. I know that's not possible for many women, especially those who work outside the home.

This is what I did as well. 

Sailor.Moon.Mom
by Member on Aug. 10, 2017 at 9:48 PM
My kids made their own routines. I just followed their lead. My oldest had a lot of SN was higher maintenance ( in general) but was an easy laid back baby. Lol my youngest was laid back and still is at 20 months.
la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 10, 2017 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sailor.Moon.Mom: My kids made their own routines. I just followed their lead. My oldest had a lot of SN was higher maintenance ( in general) but was an easy laid back baby. Lol my youngest was laid back and still is at 20 months.

laid back kids are the best : ) 

AzariahsMother
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2017 at 1:50 PM

I would say we are on a strict one for the most part.  Usually up between 6-7am and bed time she is always sleep before 9:15.  She has 1 nap between 11:30-3pm.  The time she falls asleep varies but she is up by 3pm always.  Being a working Mom outside of the home for me it would be difficult not to have a routine. 

I'll also plan outings around DD1's schedule too.  If I know nap should be coming in an hour it's not worth going to the store and rush.  I'll just wait until after that way she is happy.

She is also in daycare so that helps too.  I try to be more relaxed on the weekends, but she tends to follow the same, so I follow her lead.

Kmakksmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2017 at 3:45 PM
Our routines have always been baby led.
timon95
by on Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:20 PM

We had a flexible routine.

momofsixangels
by on Aug. 14, 2017 at 11:44 PM
Same here

Quoting MusherMaggie: I followed my babies' cues for eating and sleeping. I also co-slept until they were ready to move on from that. I didn't have a very strict routine until the elder one started to school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)