Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday Party Question

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:11 AM
  • 3 Replies

I'm in the stages on planning DD's 2nd Birthday and something crossed my mind.  Generally I have always picked up cake/balloons the day of the party.  For a freshness kind of thing I guess.  I'm thinking this year of picking up the day before to make it less stressful.

Just wondering how many of you have picked up the day before and how the cake/balloons hold-ed up.  I'm sure the cake is fine.  Guess I worry the balloons will deflate and not look good.

by on Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Sep. 23, 2017 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Balloons will last a week or more before they start deflating. I bought my mom some for my niece's bday party, and she kept them on the front patio (screened in) for about 3-4 days before she went to the party. They looked just as good as new.
GlitterInTheAir
by Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Depends on the weather. If it's cold outside or in the house I would get them the same day. the cake will be fine. It's baked the day before anyway. Just have an evening pickup.
Khooks
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2017 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
For my daughters first birthday we did an air balloon theme and didn’t get great pictures the first try and we were going to go back the next day and our balloons were flat. Had to go buy another batch. I read it’s the quality of helium they use, so you could ask but I wouldn’t risk it if you’re planning on using them for something.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)