Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unhappy 3 week old :/

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2017 at 5:39 PM
  • 6 Replies
My baby seems so unhappy during the day. She seems to be cluster feeding and is fussy and crying if she’s not on the boob. She will fall asleep nursing, and when I try to put her down she wakes up and starts screaming! I’ve tried gas drops, putting her in her swing and bassinet, swaddling her, make sure she’s dry, given her the paci, nothing works, any tips or advice or do I just literally sit or lay and hold her all day, she will sleep for hrs on my chest or in my arms but I can’t do anything around the house like that. I feel like I’ve tried everything, I’m tired and want a shower, some food and to use the restroom with out trying to juggle her but it seems like it’s not possible😞
by on Oct. 21, 2017 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Three weeks is tbe forst major growth spurt. During growth spurts it is normal for them to want to nurse 24/7. Tgbat is how she brings your supply up to her next level of need. The more you nurse, the more milk you make.

Wear her in a sling or wrap so she has constant access to the breast while you tend to other things. You may have to switch your shower to times when someone can be there to hold her for a bit.

This gets better as time goes along. I can remember my mother coming over every day for a while to tag team with me so I could eat and shower, or she would fix breakfast for me. It only lasted a few weeks as I got the hang of things.
Supportdmoms
by Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 11:18 PM
She is absolutely right... 3 weeks is the first growth spurt milestone.. happened with me too .. I m glad my mother in law was around to help me out..I feel for you but this phase will be over soon... Take care

Quoting MusherMaggie: Three weeks is tbe forst major growth spurt. During growth spurts it is normal for them to want to nurse 24/7. Tgbat is how she brings your supply up to her next level of need. The more you nurse, the more milk you make.

Wear her in a sling or wrap so she has constant access to the breast while you tend to other things. You may have to switch your shower to times when someone can be there to hold her for a bit.

This gets better as time goes along. I can remember my mother coming over every day for a while to tag team with me so I could eat and shower, or she would fix breakfast for me. It only lasted a few weeks as I got the hang of things.
Maura87
by New Member on Oct. 22, 2017 at 9:32 AM
It gets better! Everything they said is right! Is this your firstborn?
Khooks
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2017 at 2:03 PM
Hang it there. It can be really rough with no support. Don’t feel guilty about asking for help.
kidmom581
by Member on Nov. 5, 2017 at 4:18 PM
I scoured Amazon looking for something to help my fussy newborn. Gas drops weren't quite cutting it and he seemed to have some silent reflux going on, so into my cart Babies magic tea went. This does help my baby when he's crying/fussy due to excessive gas/reflux and it usually works within a few minutes.
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2017 at 8:35 AM
Babies Magic tea does disrupt the virgin gut. It also does not treat the underlying cause.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)