Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rash on babes face, with pic

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2017 at 4:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

Mobile Photo

Eczema, heat rash, baby acne? She’s breastfeeding, nothing weird in my diet, hardly drink dairy. Bathe her with Johnson’s, only things I can think of are the laundry detergent or s/o excessive use of Axe body spray.....anyone dealing with similar rash and if so what did it turn out to be?
by on Oct. 28, 2017 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2017 at 9:32 AM
Doesn't look like eczema. More likely contact from yhe things you mentioned. I bathed mine with unscented Neutrogena.

Today's HE washing machines don't use much water. I add the extra rinses and put white vinegar in the rinse cycle. I use half the detergent called for, and use a warm/warm setting. Some breastmilk rubbed on the rash should help.
Supportdmoms
by Member on Oct. 29, 2017 at 11:57 AM
Hi what's the age of the baby ?? It looks like baby acne my daughter also had similar ones when she was 3 weeks old and then again when she was 2 months old, each time stayed for almost 3-4 weeks. I used to wash her clothes separately in hypoallergenic wash and also very mild baby soap while giving her bath every day. I just used to wash her face with plain water . And someone recommended using breast milk on these so I did that and it helped. I was not using any deodorant or perfume during that time. Hope this helps
scoopneck99
by Member on Oct. 29, 2017 at 3:34 PM

Just baby acne. Completely normal. They're hormones are adjusting. Just keep it clean and dry. Just wipe with a damp washcloth, no soaps.

beco8627
by New Member on Nov. 4, 2017 at 8:36 AM
It's just baby acne. If she develops eczema, switch to unscented baby wash, laundry detergent and use auquafor on her skin
AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 7, 2017 at 9:48 AM

Looks like baby acne to me.  DD had this really bad for awhile.  We ended up going to all unscented products and still do now.  She will be 2 in December.

JenniferP96
by Member on Nov. 7, 2017 at 4:29 PM

Baby acne. Nothing to worry about.  

They can be prone to cradle cap if they get this, so don't freak if you see that.  Just get the special shampoo

Stetsons-mommy
by Member on Nov. 7, 2017 at 5:07 PM
Baby acne. My son had it too.
ThePoopFace
by Member on Nov. 10, 2017 at 2:24 PM

Just baby acne. nbd :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)