Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eye color?

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2017 at 4:07 PM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This might be a dumb question but can anyone tell what color eyes my baby will have? She is 2 weeks and they are lighter than her sisters were. Her sister ended up with brown eyes. My hubby and I both have brown but my mom has green and my sister and brother have blue. The baby's eyes are lighter around the pupil but dark on the edges. Are they light enough to be blue or do they look like they'll be brown?
by on Nov. 2, 2017 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2017 at 10:44 PM
They definitely could turn brown but it's impossible to know. Only my oldest had blue eyes but they turned brown when he was a month old.

Quoting coco1985566:

Mobile Photo

This might be a dumb question but can anyone tell what color eyes my baby will have? She is 2 weeks and they are lighter than her sisters were. Her sister ended up with brown eyes. My hubby and I both have brown but my mom has green and my sister and brother have blue. The baby's eyes are lighter around the pupil but dark on the edges. Are they light enough to be blue or do they look like they'll be brown?
AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 3, 2017 at 9:26 AM

It's impossible to know.

MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2017 at 11:58 AM
Brown is dominant genetically.
beco8627
by New Member on Nov. 4, 2017 at 8:33 AM
To me it looks like they'll stay blue. Out of myself, my husband and 3 kids my oldest has blue eyes while we all have brown. My 5 month old and my middle had a very dark hue to their eyes before turning brown. My blue eyed boy had your baby's eyes as an infant
Element5
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2017 at 2:38 PM
All babies are born with that specific “blue” color.. my daughter is2 1/2 and just recently they went from grey blue to grey green.. so you will know for sure in a while.

I think when they are brown you will know earlier.
rachel216
by Bronze Member on Nov. 14, 2017 at 5:13 AM
Kinda hard to tell dh and I have brown. Our 2 yr old has brown our 6 month old had green.

My mom had green my dad has brown
My sister and brother have blue
My little brother and myself have brown...75% change your dd will end,up with brown 2% chance of her keeping her blue
ThePoopFace
by Member on Nov. 16, 2017 at 4:35 PM

I have no clue, but shes so cute!!!!!

twokids0407
by Member on Nov. 17, 2017 at 11:48 AM
It's hard to tell. My dh and I both have blue! But since its a recessive trait we knew all of our kids would also have blue. DS (13), DD (10), DS (8mon) all have blue eyes. My brother and sister also have blue eyes
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Nov. 17, 2017 at 11:32 PM
Quoting Element5: All babies are born with that specific “blue” color.. my daughter is2 1/2 and just recently they went from grey blue to grey green.. so you will know for sure in a while.

I think when they are brown you will know earlier.

All babies are not born with blue eyes. My dd is half hispanic/half Caucasian and her eyes were dark brown at birth and slightly lightened up to a medium brown color.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Nov. 17, 2017 at 11:35 PM
Quoting MusherMaggie: Brown is dominant genetically.

Usually, but not always. My dh is Hispanic and has dark brown eyes. I'm Caucasian and have dark brown eyes. Our ds has blue eyes. None of my siblings have blue eyes, nor my parents. My dh's sibling and parents also have brown eyes. Our ds gets his eye color from both of my aunts on my mom's side.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)