Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He answers to his name! But not...

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:18 AM
  • 2 Replies
DS's name is George. We call him Georgie. (mostly because his dad is also George.) He's just over 2. He's in "school" (early on program. Mostly it's play therapy).

Until yesterday, I've said that he doesn't answer to his name, but his dad says he does. And he does! He answers to "George" but not to "Georgie"! We have called him Georgie since almost birth! He's only " George" when he's in trouble. Lol! He also doesn't respond if he's paying a lot of attention to other things. Like playing. Since he plays a lot (duh. Lol!), It seems like he doesn't answer to his name. But he does! He just doesn't answer to his nickname or if he is too busy playing. If only we could get him to talk now...
by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 5:51 PM
Read to him, talk to him, sing to him. I'm assuming his hearing has been checked? No developmental delays?
onehotmama410
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
He has some sensory issues and hasn't talked until recently. Although we are doing much better in the talking area. Other than that, he's a bit behind emotionally/socially. His hearing has been tested and came back fine. He gets read and talked too every day. :) He doesn't like when I sing much, but loves when grandma or daddy does. Lol! He loves books and lately he's been bringing them up to us and asking what things are in the book.

His therapists in school say he's done really well since he started there. And he really has. He's gone from barely babbling to about 10 words. All since September. :)

Quoting MusherMaggie: Read to him, talk to him, sing to him. I'm assuming his hearing has been checked? No developmental delays?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)