Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best sleeping position for baby

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2018 at 9:18 AM
  • 12 Replies
Last week my baby's pediatrician asked me if I had my baby sleep on his back, i said I do even though I would rather have him sleep on his stomach because I had my first born sleep on stomach, and my mother had all of her kids sleep on their stomach. I sleep more comfortably on my stomach and so does my baby but I guess the pediatrician made me paranoid and cautious about SIDS.
by on Mar. 3, 2018 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GAPeach83
by Member on Mar. 3, 2018 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
My newborn slept on his stomach for naps only because I was able to watch him. Once he started rolling over, there's really nothing you can do at that point.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2018 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, they are supposed to be put on their back for sleep.
B3autifulCha0s
by Member on Mar. 3, 2018 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Back for sleeping until they can roll over on their own. Then they’re able to roll off their stomachs if they need to.
Sophie1106
by Member on Mar. 3, 2018 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine all slept on their backs until they could roll over on their own.
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2018 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I compromised and mine slept on their sides, but they slept with us.
tina08mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2018 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
My first two slept on their stomach but that was the only way they would sleep. My youngest slept on his side/back and now he sleeps on his stomach most of the time because he rolls around in his sleep
littlepinkrose
by on Mar. 4, 2018 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Sleeping on the back until they can roll over on their own is best.
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2018 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Also, preferring to sleep on the stomach could be a sign of lip and especially tongue ties. For people with ties, sleepung on the stomach allows for easier breathing. But newborns should be placed on their backs or sides for sleeping until they can roll over both ways on their own.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2018 at 3:04 PM
Back is safer especially in a crib until they can roll. My breastfed babies would usually sleep on their side because they slept with me.

Quoting andrea.jordan: Last week my baby's pediatrician asked me if I had my baby sleep on his back, i said I do even though I would rather have him sleep on his stomach because I had my first born sleep on stomach, and my mother had all of her kids sleep on their stomach. I sleep more comfortably on my stomach and so does my baby but I guess the pediatrician made me paranoid and cautious about SIDS.
Jess_6Beauties
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2018 at 1:40 PM

I put Brynn to sleep on her back but she ends up rolling onto her stomach. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)