Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Stay at Home Mom

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:54 AM
  • 8 Replies

I am going to be quitting my job in a few months to stay home with my little dude. I am just wondering what kind of schedule other moms have during the day with their little one. He will be almost 1 year old by the time I quit. I have a hard time finding ways to keep him entertained when I am home with him on the weekends. I would love some suggestions!

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.  

by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
It'll be alot more to do in he summer time for my self I have three kids. This summer I have alot of plans. Like taking my kids to pennitentury glen. Hiking. Parks splash park going the zoo on weekends.

Its hard for me to get out of the house during school sections with my 5 year old. So I do alot more during summer then during school.
Stetsons-mommy
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 2:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm a stay at home mom of a 2 and a half year old and a 3 month old. We play outside alot when it's nice out. Color, draw, finger paints, reading. We are always busy with errands or play dates with friends. When I clean the house I use it as a learning experience and sometimes we cook or bake together (I know your little guy is a little younger, but future ideas)
mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 4:03 PM
3 moms liked this
The library was a great place to take my oldest when she was that age. In addition to story time for her, I got a chance to meet other SAHMs and learned from them where other play groups and toddler friendly activities were happening.
Sophie1106
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:16 PM
I'm a sahm with an 8 month old and I know how you feel. Sometimes I don't know what to do with her! Lol. But it gets easier as they get older. You can play outside, go to the park, library, zoo. We read books, sing songs and dance. She hangs out with me while I do some chores. She loves playing with the clothes while I'm folding laundry. I take her for lots of walks in her stroller when the weather is nice.
GloBug62
by Member on Apr. 16, 2018 at 5:19 PM

I feel like we will be going for loooooooots of walks, LOL.

Quoting Sophie1106: I'm a sahm with an 8 month old and I know how you feel. Sometimes I don't know what to do with her! Lol. But it gets easier as they get older. You can play outside, go to the park, library, zoo. We read books, sing songs and dance. She hangs out with me while I do some chores. She loves playing with the clothes while I'm folding laundry. I take her for lots of walks in her stroller when the weather is nice.

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.  

MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Get out in the yard, to the park, to the library for toddler story time. Read to him, sing to him, dance with him at home. Play with Pla-Doh, make cookies. Talk to him. I never had trouble finding ways to be with mine.
Supportdmoms
by Member on Apr. 17, 2018 at 7:42 PM
I do the same....and have been taking her to library since she was 6 months old... 3 days aweek and it really helped both of us

Quoting mrsniebo: The library was a great place to take my oldest when she was that age. In addition to story time for her, I got a chance to meet other SAHMs and learned from them where other play groups and toddler friendly activities were happening.
joyfilledmom17
by on Apr. 18, 2018 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Being a stay at home mom and wife is seriously what I believe I was created to do! I love everything about it. Our son is 1 we wake up, get breakfast, play, morning nap, play, lunch, read, afternoon nap, play dinner, bedtime routine. 

This is very generic as the times marked play we do different things wheather that reading or building or being outside, walking, things like that. Also, grocery days are slightly altered but for the most part this is what our day looks like :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)