Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Milky tongue

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2018 at 1:47 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi moms , when your baby’s tongue gets all white and milky how do you get it off of the tongue ??
I tried the wash cloth but it’s not helping much , I didn’t want to push down on my baby’s tongue ..
by on Apr. 18, 2018 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CheerioHolder
by Member on Apr. 18, 2018 at 1:49 PM
It's thrush. You need a prescription. Milk would come off easily.
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2018 at 11:53 PM
It's thrush, an oral yeast infection. Look up thrush on Kellymom.com for the best treatment protocol. Stay away from Nystatin suspension--it is full of sugar which feeds the yeast and makes it worse. If you are breastfeeding, you will need to treat yourself as well. If bottlefeeding, all bottles and nipples will need to be cleaned with white vinegar and baking soda.
Supportdmoms
by Member on Apr. 19, 2018 at 12:15 PM
Hmm when my DD was 6 months old she used to have white tongue.. I remember asking her Dr who didn't say anything about thrush. Dr told me to clean her tongue with cotton wash cloth periodically very gently and it was all good.
MusherMaggie
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2018 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Not all doctors are knowledgeable in every area. She's already tried wiping the tongue and nothing comes off. That's thrush.

Quoting Supportdmoms: Hmm when my DD was 6 months old she used to have white tongue.. I remember asking her Dr who didn't say anything about thrush. Dr told me to clean her tongue with cotton wash cloth periodically very gently and it was all good.

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)