Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I want to be a SAHM!!! Help!!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2008 at 3:57 PM
  • 25 Replies

I've noticed a lot of people on here are stay at home moms, and I want more then anything to be able to stay at home with my baby. I hate having to leave her to go to work. I need some ideas on what I can do to be a stay at home mom. I'm good at being on the computer (very computer literate) and customer service but I'm not so good with sales. Please help!

by on Aug. 19, 2008 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mattel_mom
by on Aug. 19, 2008 at 3:59 PM

Most SAHM don't work from home. We make amazing and tremendous sacrifices to stay home with our children and do the best we can. It's a choice I made with my husband at his encouragement. I have loved every single min of it, but it's harder than you may think.

thayes1988
by on Aug. 19, 2008 at 4:02 PM

I do a small daycare. If you have friends with other kids cut them a deal let them pay a little less than they pay where there at now. I don't know what rates around you are but I charge 120.00 a week and provide breakfast, lunch, and snacks. I work from 6:30-6. It works for me and I don't have to leave my DD somewhere with strangers!

oxley12
by on Aug. 19, 2008 at 4:13 PM

My husband and I have just made small sacrifices so i can stay at home with my daughter.  We cut back on the small stuff we didnt really need like going out to eat alot and shopping more than we needed to.  But you should search the internet.  There are alot of great companies that are run by stay at home moms for stay at home moms!!

chloe_romano
by on Aug. 19, 2008 at 4:22 PM

you could become a mary-kay representative, Im one but I never do it because my husband owns a restaurant so its not that big of a deal for us, but i do know that it is a great way to make money, you get 50% of everything you sale.

momoftwinsgcc
by on Aug. 19, 2008 at 6:09 PM

I actually missed working so I become a Jewelry Consultant. It's allowed me to be a SAHM, earn some extra money, and party a few nights a week or however much I want.  I make 40% of everything I sale, online or offline, and was able to get started for free.

snjsmom
by on Aug. 19, 2008 at 6:34 PM

it is so much fun being a SAHM but it is also hard and you stay tired i have two children a 3yr old girl and a 2yr old boy and they are full of energy ALL DAY LONG! we have the learning games and each of them have their own but they still fight over them and  the pouting b/c mommy says no, girl as much as i love my babies i am trying to get my daughter into headstart and my son is going to preheadstart and i am going back to work. but looking on the bright side your son is learning to be around other kids that will help him get into school when it is time so don't feel bad he is fine just make the most of the time you spend with him at home. 

Dickens
by on Aug. 19, 2008 at 6:47 PM

I love being a stay at home mom! I would love to help you be able to make a really nice monthly income! It is a great company to work with, and we have great teamwork. I raise my two small children! There are no products to buy or sell! Come check it out, you will be amazed!

Lisa Dickens

lisadickens.bbs@gmail.com

Need $$$$. I am on my way to making over $5,000 per month.             You could be too!

ashley.hodges
by on Aug. 19, 2008 at 8:03 PM

When I found out I was pregnant I had planned on going back to work because I ran a preschool and the baby could stay with me in the office.  When I found out I was having twins, however that was no longer an option so my husband and I decided that I would stay home.  We had to make a lot of sacrifices though.  We basically looked at our budget and cut out all non-essentials.  We have no cable, one car, no eating out, etc.  Hopefully this will only be temporary though as my dh is looking for a better job.  If you really want to stay home you most likely can, it might just be a matter of what you're willing to sacrifice.  If you have any questions or ideas for saving money please send me a message, I'd be glad to help out.  Good Luck!

AbbyBaby
by on Aug. 19, 2008 at 8:52 PM

I am SAHM and I sell Avon on the side. Staying at home has it'sgood and bad points. It is good for the baby if you work with him but then they miss out on learning how to interact with other kids. And as for me I really miss interacting with adults. And I think I read somewhere that 90% of stay at home moms are on antidepressants and/or anti-anxiety meds. You never stop working when you're a stay at home mom. But I still love it.

tiffanysgirls
by on Aug. 19, 2008 at 10:23 PM
My family makes financial sacrafices so I can be a SAHM. We don't have a brand new car, we have ONE car, we don't have a cell phone (just a track phone that is left in the car for emergencies only), we don't go out to eat, DH packs his lunch, no cable, I always keep an eye out for kids clothes at thrift stores and yard sales, ect. But I feel really blessed to have been able to watch my kids grow. Next fall I go back to school and finish my degree. It is sad and exciting all at the same time!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)