Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to be a SAHM!!! Help!!

I've noticed a lot of people on here are stay at home moms, and I want more then anything to be able to stay at home with my baby. I hate having to leave her to go to work. I need some ideas on what I can do to be a stay at home mom. I'm good at being on the computer (very computer literate) and customer service but I'm not so good with sales. Please help!

by on Aug. 19, 2008 at 3:57 PM
Replies (21-25):
Kid4Christ211
by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 10:31 PM

Most SAHMs sell Mary Kay, Creative Memories, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, etc. All you have to do is sell the products, usually through hosting a party. I am not into all that, so I do "the next best thing". I LOVE kids, and I am really good with them, so I work at a daycare. My son gets to go for a discounted price. I am not his regular teacher, but if something were to happen to him, I would know immediately. Also, I can always check on him during my break. I know his teachers and the way the daycare is run personally, so for me, that is the best.  

kriszachary
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 2:32 AM

Hi there my fellow cafe Momma! I'm Krista- My hubby and I have our own business. Imma SAHM and my husabnd is about to be one too- but dad, not mom! LOL It's an internet based business. We basically shop online and talk to others about shopping online too. :) Which EVERYONE already basically does? :) We rep the number one Vitamin online- Nutrilite, the #1 online and #2 of the top five in the WORLD prestigue beauty lines- Artistry and NAO- Never Accept Ordinary. We have one of the top Energy Drinks- it's # 1 online, called XS Energy. Powered by all the good for you B vitamins- B2, B6, B12! We just came out with the most purified water in the WORLD- called Perfect Empowered Drinking Water. The most purified water was cycled 12 times and we've got 15. Extra Oxygen has been added to the water to better help with blood circulation, faster healing with injuries and wounds.... as well as gives you better mobility and flexability. You can Google Oxygen and healing and your body- what it does for you and you'll get pages of positive facts and testimonies. :)

Anyhow, as well as offering those awesome items, we have all the other stuff you can think of. There are big name Companies that have partnered with us such as- Circuit City, Office Depot, Things Remembered, Avis Car Rentals, Barnes and Noble, Frankin Covey, Hickory Farms, 1-800-Contacts, Ace HardwareDell, EToys..... and ,OMG,  lots more. All the stores and products you see and use everyday. We really love this option to working! We make very good extra money.

The best part about it is - we don't "sell" anything to anyone. We are basically a referal based business. Have you ever eaten at a really good resturant and told someone about it, or saw a great movie and told your friend? Wouldn't it have been cool to have gotten a "thank you" check for it? Well, that's what I'm talking about! :)

What I like, the difference between what I do and the other optional Home Based Businesses- is this, they offer one thing, and I offer EVERYTHING- even your home stuff- groceries and personal care needs.... These companies pay the people who shop online with them and whoever else they have go thru there and shop to say "THANKS! We appreciate your business" (it 's kinda how AMAZON.com works- if you know how they work? )

So, if you are interested, or have ANY questions, please, let me know- I will always be honest with you and tell you my truthful experience. Honestly I wouldn't be doing anything else. :)

***kRiStA***

amberrduncan
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 2:46 AM

I am a nurse, slah SAHM and i can say that i love it.  i get to stay home with my kids and raise them as i see fit. you never want someone else to raise your children. that is why i stay home. go for it. if you can afford to stay at home then do it!

ARMY WIFE FOR LIFE!

BabyTannersMom
by on Aug. 25, 2008 at 11:04 AM

I am a stay at home mom and though it may seem like we all work from home, many of us do not. I would love to work from home but I'm about done with searching because it really is not as easy as people think. I'd rather be poor and be with my child than have to work outside the home. So here I sit, pennyless, but loving life because I get to be with my son and my husband doesn't mind breaking his back to put food on the table. We don't have much besides love and we cut a lot of corners, but I fully believe it is worth it to stay with my child.

The truth about at home jobs... They are out there but they are hard to find and it may be even harder to get hired because of all the people that want them. The truth about at home businesses is that they all cost you. Some more than others. My husband and I have absolutely NO EXTRA MONEY. I got tired of trying to work from home and being hassled by people who told me they wanted to help me work from home if I would only pay them 50 dollars a month or buy a certain amount of products each month.  The actual jobs that do not require you to pay are in such high demand that It made me wonder why I even tried.

In short. I understand your frusturation. I'm glad I make the sarifices I do to stay home, but it is not for everyone. if you don't think you could do it without the extra income then you probably can't. If you don't mind paying out the nose to start an at home business you could probably wind up making a lot of money in about a year. But nothing happens over night. Good Luck to you though. I hope you find everything you hope for.

DianeFL
by on Aug. 25, 2008 at 7:30 PM

I, like you, wanted to become an entrepreneur so that I could stay home.  I wasn't good at selling, but this sells itself.  I found a company that I don't have to do much selling, it is greeting cards.  Who doesn't need to buy them each month.  Here is a little about me.

I am an independent consultant for a greeting card company called SendOutCards. SendOutCards is an internet based greeting card company for under $1.00 per card you can choose from over 10,000+ cards, personalize it and then SendOutCards prints it, stuff's it and mails it. You don't have any inventory and you don't even have to do home parties. 

The start up fee is very inexpensive and in this economy who isn't interested in save a few dollars every time you need to send someone a card.  This is good for your personal use or in your already started Home Business.  If you would like to know more I would be happy to chat with you and send you some information. 

If you would like more information, drop me a line and I can show you the system and let you send some free cards.

Diane

Who knew you could make extra money by sending cards?

socplannerconnections@hotmail.com

www.sendoutcards.com/plannerconnections

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)