Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Share your birth story!

Posted by   + Show Post

Taylor was breech during the entire pregnancy.  Her due date was 6/18/07, so we had a c-section scheduled for 6/11/07.  We figured since we had a date scheduled and I was not dialating or anything like that we could relax.  On June 2, I was 37 almost 38 weeks.  I had a babyshower that day.  I definately was "nesting" because after the shower, I came home and unpacked EVERYTHING, washed it, and put it away.  Mind you, I had a HUGE shower-2 truck loads of stuff!!!  Well, I was a medical assistant to my ob, and knew a lot about labor signs, ect...  I got home from the shower at 5pm.  At about 10pm, I started leaking a little bit of fluid.  I thought I was just peeing on myself a little bit, and didn't want to page my boss that late unless I was sure my water was breaking.  Well, I kept on having the "leaking" over the next couple of hours.  Just a little here and there.  I decided to go ahead and go to bed, since I wasn't contracting, and was sure it was pee.  (lol)  Before going to sleep I prayed, "God, if it's really time please give me a sign if I need to go to labor and delivery."  At 1:15 am, I woke up, rolled over to go pee, and the flood gates opened.  My water had definately broken!  I went to the living room where my husband was sleeping, fluid pouring out of me onto our wood floor, and said, "hey baby, my water broke."  By then my pomeranian, chewy, had come up and started lapping up the amniotic fluid off the floor.  I couldn't get her to quit.  I was freaking out, saying "NO CHEWY!  QUIT!"

We ran around like chickens with our heads cut off and grabbed the cell phones, chargers, my purse, some towels and left.  We had no bag packed.  By then I had started contracting and my husband drove 90mph to the hospital. My doctor wasn't on call.  The other doctor in the clinic I worked at was the doc on for that night, and we HATED eachother.  The staff at the hospital wouldn't page my doc since she wasn't on call, so I called her cell.  She graciously got out of bed and delivered Taylor by c/s at 3:45 am!

by on Aug. 21, 2008 at 1:28 PM
Replies (21-21):
angie0616
by Member on Feb. 9, 2017 at 3:06 AM

i was due august 17, with my son and i was frustrated because i wasnt having any signs of labor at all, i wasnt even dialated. i went in on august 18, for an appointment and the doc said i still wasnt dilated, and when she tried to feel his head, she felt nothing, so she ordererd an ultrasound... well by now im freaking out worried " is he ok?", because i had a misscarriage before i found put i was pregnant with him and that litterally almost killed me, and my angel was only 5 weeks before he/she stopped growing......so im trying to hold back the tears  when the doctor is doing the ultrasound,then when  i see my baby moving and rubbing his face  i was happy that he was ok but she then said umm, i need the doctor on cll o hace a look at this and again, i start freaking out. well he comes in with a student ( i guess thats what she was), and he then tells me that my baby boy is sideways in my stomache, and that he recommends a c section that day because it would be bad if i went into labor with him in that position....so after a long discussion( my hubby didnt want me to have a csection because of the risk of infection), the octor had given us the option of trying to turn him around, but that had its risks as well, we finally decided to have the csection, and so my son was born to meghan trainors all about that bass. since i didnt feel anything from the waist down i was conversating with the doc about his kids and i had told the nurses about this funny video on you tube hat was a parody of the meghan trainor song, so the nurse just decided to put it on for me, i guess to keep me calm cause i was still worried and tring to peek over the curtain. , 

family car

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)