Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

please help or bump PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 9:29 AM
  • 10 Replies

So what do I wake up to today. My 2 yr old has decided to color all over the carpet with BLACK PERMANENT MARKER. His birthday party is today and I have  a thousand things to do. It doesnt help when I TOLD DH to put the stuff in the junk drawer before I went to bed last night. Funny thing is he managed to pick the sciccors up that was sitting right next to the damn marker.

I've used alcohol and hairspray. DH used carpet cleaner and baby wipes (he thinks baby wipes have some magic solution in it to clean up every little thing)

Anyone have any other idea's. Im about to freak out here soon.

by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeyM0mxTwo
by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 9:31 AM

You need a carpet machine, even if it is a smalll one. You might try the woolite pod but I doubt it will work. It sounds like that markers has been sitting on the carpet for a little bit now and I hate to say it, but it probably won't come out. The best suggestion I can give you is to rearrange the furniture to cover the spot LOL. Sorry...

Quoting pinkstarr:

So what do I wake up to today. My 2 yr old has decided to color all over the carpet with BLACK PERMANENT MARKER. His birthday party is today and I have a thousand things to do. It doesnt help when I TOLD DH to put the stuff in the junk drawer before I went to bed last night. Funny thing is he managed to pick the sciccors up that was sitting right next to the damn marker.

I've used alcohol and hairspray. DH used carpet cleaner and baby wipes (he thinks baby wipes have some magic solution in it to clean up every little thing)

Anyone have any other idea's. Im about to freak out here soon.

emmasmom94
by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 2:03 PM

YES THERE IS THIS STUFF ON THE MARKET FROM GOOGONE CALLED INK REMOVER IT WORKS WONDERS...MY SON HAD A PEN THAT EXPLODED ALL OVER THE CARPET AND IT TOOK IT OUT RITE AWAY..I FOUND IT AT MENARDS...GOOD LUCK

ampinquoch
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 12:42 AM

for the time being, get a large area rug until you can find a solution.

clairewait
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Spot shot worked on blue ink pen all over a white couch...

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

lauratupper
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM

bump!

proudmommy690
by Christa on May. 26, 2013 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Does nobody look at dates? This was almost 5yrs ago! Lol
Emadele
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:38 PM
I know dawn and vinegar gets it off skin pretty well. My 2yr old drew hair on the baby with a green sharpie one morning. Not sure that will work with carpet though. :( good luck. And when you find the solution update us! I'm sure you're not the first or last! :)

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
Emadele
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Oops....
I wasn't the orriginal offender but now I've added to it. :( and normally I look at they too!! Bad!

Quoting proudmommy690:

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
Lillysmommy0113
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 11:41 PM

i was thinking the same thing! lol

Quoting proudmommy690:

proudmommy690
by Christa on May. 26, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Lol

Quoting Emadele:

Oops....

I wasn't the orriginal offender but now I've added to it. :( and normally I look at they too!! Bad!

Quoting proudmommy690:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)