Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Loss of memory

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 9:32 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm having such a hard time remembering everything. things like bills, where I put stuff, etc. The doctor tells me that it's due to being so stressed, having a full time job, two kids, a husband, a house to clean, cook, pay bills, etc.

Is this happening to any of you? do you think is more prone after pregnancies?

please share your comments. thanks!!

by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jennarose3
by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Hey, I have the chills. I was just talking about this with my dad an hour ago! I'm having such a hard time remembering things as well. I just had a baby two and a half months ago so maybe it is the whole post pregnancy thing. My dad said he was watching a t.v. show about memory and things about the brain and the one thing the dr. hosting the show kept repeating was to exercise! I was like, great like I need another thing on my list to do but it could be totally worth it. exercise helps the blood flow in your brain and some how creates positive brain cells to help your memory. Anyways, hope this helps!

gimena
by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Thanks, I'll try.

frndlyfn
by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 11:12 PM

there is something that affects pregnant women and their memory, i cant remember what it is called. my dr told me when daughter was born it could last up to 6 months after she was born, now at 2 1/2 yrs old  i cant remember anything. invest in some post its if the exercise doesnt work.

sbkartak
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 12:50 AM

I joke around that it is "mommy brain."  When your pregnant everything starts to get confusing...you lose things, can't remember things, stop talking in the middle of sentences b/c you can't remember what you were just talking about.  Yeah!  I'm not sure "mommy brain" ever really goes away :o)

shmorris56
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 2:17 AM

I believe you that you just aren't slacking and genuinely aren't remembering things you ought to. While I was pregnant with my last 3 kids,( I have 5), I had real memory problems.  With each pregnancy it got progressively worse too.  This last time the whole ending of the pregnancy, like 4 mos, is literally a blur.  I wish some medical professional could tell me what this is!? I saw movies, had conversations, made plans, etc. that I just don't have any recollection of. Scary huh?  It has improved drastically with birth and then tapers off for 3 to 4 mos after for me.  You must have the post-partum version.  Somebody please tell me why this happens!

isaboo22
by on Aug. 25, 2008 at 5:40 PM

yeah, I used to have a really good memory too. I was the person who if I wrote a list, i forgot it. but if not, it was all in my head. And for the most part it is. I tend to forget the little things alot. Like promising my 5 yr old DD I would get her a drink. Or I will tell hubby something and hes like "you already said that."  I have 3 kids, full time job, my mom is their secondary care taker and we feel she can go at any day, my marriage is not the best, my DD is starting school for the first time, I have debt, can't pay my bills, just started a brand new job that I am not sure if I like -------------- if your life is liek this, I would just chalk it up to stress. I fell for ya!!!!!!!

ampinquoch
by on Aug. 25, 2008 at 8:36 PM

I swear the baby sucks our brain cells out or something! I had/have that happen too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN