Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

time to potty train...or no??

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 9:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

So my daughter is only 21 months....she'll be two in Nov.  My husband thinks it's time to potty train her because when she poops now she takes off her diaper.  Personally I just think she don't wanna sit in poop...I know I wouldn't.  But he says that means she's ready....shes only 21 months....what do u think??

~*aShLeY*~

by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jennarose3
by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 9:41 PM

SHE'S READY! that's a definite sign! my daughter started just pooping on the potty first. now she pees but shes not totally trained. good luck and let me know how things go!!

AshleyRiv
by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 9:46 PM

Quoting jennarose3:

SHE'S READY! that's a definite sign! my daughter started just pooping on the potty first. now she pees but shes not totally trained. good luck and let me know how things go!!

Guess we'll be potty shopping...

smartty1
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 10:05 AM

At this point she is definately ready to start on that process.  My son has been pee trained since like 21/2 but just within the last 3 months got poo trained.  We tried everything to coax him but it finally came down to a couple of days of crying and fighting on the potty to make him go.  Now he goes every day on the potty.  Anyway-I would get one and start asking her if she wants to go.  You can offer rewards-I prefer toys over food, but whatever works.  Just start talking about it and encouraging it.  She's not old enough to worry about it but she acts like she is ready.  If she has the sense enough to take off her diaper then she knows what's going on.  Also, I would get some pullups to help it along.

impulsive1
by on Aug. 25, 2008 at 11:53 AM

She is ready!! Probably won't be too hard either. My second son was completely potty  trained before he turned 2. Good luck!

kaa3081
by on Aug. 25, 2008 at 12:29 PM

I definately think so!  I'm an early potty trainer.  My oldest boy was potty trained in 2 weeks at 22 months.  My second son is ready to start earlier, at 17 months.  He is already 1/2 potty trained.  You just gotta make it fun and serious all at the same time.

lanay0216
by on Aug. 25, 2008 at 9:35 PM

Are girls harder to train? My daughter is "if"y-some days she'll use the potty when I put her on it and other days she just wants to play. I'm not sure if I'm doing the right things cause I'm a first time mom, but I let her do her own thing and she eventually goes most days and others I just don't worry about. I put her on first thing in the morning and periodically throughout the day. She started taking off her diaper at about 20 months also. So maybe its time, I think just be patient over anything else. Good Luck! 

Quoting AshleyRiv:

So my daughter is only 21 months....she'll be two in Nov.  My husband thinks it's time to potty train her because when she poops now she takes off her diaper.  Personally I just think she don't wanna sit in poop...I know I wouldn't.  But he says that means she's ready....shes only 21 months....what do u think??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)