Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Store Brand Formula

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 10:57 PM
  • 22 Replies

Hello,  I was just wondering if anyone has ever used Targets brand of formula? I was doing a little research because the Enfamil is so expensive and it looks like it has the same ingredients. Please let me know what your opinions are.

by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_l_daigle
by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 11:01 PM

I've used the off brand at target, I didn't care for the consistency of the powder but the baby did good on it.  I use Parent's Choice from Walmart its so much closer to Infamil if thats an option for you.  But the Target brand is fine.

EmilyM05
by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 11:11 PM

We switched to from Enfamil to Target brand about a month ago, because Enfamil is sooo expensive. My son has done good with it. He didn't even seem to know that we changed it on him. The consistancy of the powder is a little different, we just have to shake the bottle a little longer. According to the packaging it has the exact same ingredients and amounts as Enfamil.

blakesmama21
by on Aug. 23, 2008 at 11:12 PM

i think i may have used the target brand a couple times but i mostly usd parent's choice at wal-mart it was 10 bucks and he liked it a lot better than enfamil or similac

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Danesmommy1
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 8:38 AM

We compared Parent's Choice (the Wal-Mart brand) to Enfamil and it's practically the same.  We use the Parent's Coice brand and the baby likes it just fine.  It's so much cheaper! 

Elke

primrose1983
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 10:13 AM

We also used the parents choice brand..it's literally half of the price of enfamil and our son did just fine. I was concerned at first as well so I asked his pediatrician about it and she said that the generic formulas are just as good as the name brand. You'll save a ton of money!!

zblueyez
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 10:50 AM

To save money, we've always used Costco's baby formula. Now we're in a place where Costco isn't close, but we have a BJ's. Same thing.....wholesale club. It's SO much cheaper and all four of my kids have done fantastic on these formulas.

chevy4x4ss
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 11:44 AM

I've used both Similac and the Target brand and my daughter seems to like the Target stuff better (joy for me..it's cheaper!!). I get the dark purple can because the other types made her really gassy, it's a few dollars more but still cheaper then Similac or Enfamil.

MoreBlake
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 12:16 PM

We used Target brand formula and it works just as well as the pricey stuff! I even asked my doctor and he said it's fine, same stuff.

mom2ljh
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 1:06 PM

I don't think that Enfamil is all that expensive, but anyway, that's off topic.  All formula must meet the same MINIMUM guidelines.  That being said, the name brands tend to go above and beyond.  Similac has a new one out, with prebiotics and antioxidants.

Amanda~Cloth Diapering, Non-Spanking, Attached Mommy to my little miracle, Landon Joel, born 6 weeks too soon, 6-21-07.

Then                                           Now

Breastfeeding vs Formula Debate Group

bluejupiter13
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 7:54 PM

WIC pays for most of our Enfamil, but when we run out, we buy Parents Choice.  Even switching back and forth between them, our daughter has never seemed to notice a difference.  And all the ingredients are the same.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)