Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

glucose test

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 8:00 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so tomorrow I'm supposed to go take my glucose test to make sure there's no signs of gestational diabetes......n e way as I'm drinking a big glass of chocolate milk I'm reading the instruction paper for the test....and it said to avoid as much sugar and carbohydrates as you can 24 hrs before the test......oops....I've had frosted mini wheats today, chocolate milk, bread......do you think that I messed up the test?  I didn't know!

~*aShLeY*~

by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bekah062205
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 8:02 PM

no.....just stop eating and drinking(except water) about 9pm and you should be good to go. Good Luck...when i was told i had GD i was devastated....that put me in the "high risk" category and all i wanted was a smooth pregnancy.....

frndlyfn
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 9:14 PM

i think the first poster is right and/or 12 hrs before test since hard not to eat during pregnancy. the first time they gave me test DIDNT EVEN TELL me to fast at all so as soon as i took it i got very sick. well the 2nd time it turned out i didnt have GD (gest. dia)and i pigged out on carbs after it. Good luck with test. A heads up if they do it same way they did with me you have to drink a very sugary concoction.

1boy1girl2008
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 9:31 PM

No your test will be fine, if you stop eating they like said 12 hours before the test.  The hardest part about taking the test is waiting after you drink what they give you.  After that, you can go eat as much as you want to.  I did it and I felt much better after I took that test.  Good luck!!

nikmar
by on Aug. 24, 2008 at 11:25 PM

i think you should be fine...if your glucose is high, tell your doc what you ate. they can always recheck you. i jad gestational  diabetes with my first..followed all  the rules and had a healthy baby girl, (and lost 25 pounds while pregnant) and didnt have gest. dia with my second..

good luck!

Bekah062205
by on Aug. 25, 2008 at 12:17 AM

this gives me hope that with my next pregnancy(whenever that might be), that i just might not have to deal with GD again. I have lost 30+lbs since the birth of dd...and im on my way to losing more. Thanks!

Quoting nikmar:

i think you should be fine...if your glucose is high, tell your doc what you ate. they can always recheck you. i jad gestational  diabetes with my first..followed all  the rules and had a healthy baby girl, (and lost 25 pounds while pregnant) and didnt have gest. dia with my second..

good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)