Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

having trouble letting go.. piog

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2008 at 11:30 AM
  • 1 Replies

Yesturday my hubby and I took both of our kiddoes to the park. there was a lady at the park with a two year old daughter (my daughter's age) and an older daughter. Well My daughter followed them around the park. They put rocks in and old shirt and let the rocks fall down the slide. They palyed in the rocks together for the longest time. The other mom sat right with the kiddoes as they played n the rock. I didnt know what to do. I have a natural people anxiety. I have an even worse anxiety for talking to females. I know crazy considering i love cm.. I didnt know what to do yesturday. Should i sit with them and play in the rocks too? Should i have sat down and watched from a close distance? I just didnt know how ot act. I also felt like my daughter didnt need me. I know that i am anti social becuase of my anxieties but i dont want to hold my daughter back. The lady seamed nice i was just nervous. She even invited us to bring my daughter back today at the same time. so i really want to but i am nervous and dont know whow to act while i am there. I feel like an iddiot. I need some advice..

~Mandaz

by on Aug. 25, 2008 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
zblueyez
by on Aug. 25, 2008 at 11:56 AM

I can totally relate. I have social anxiety disorder so I've been in that situation too. If the kids are playing with no problem, maybe bring a book. Sit nearby and just read or glance thru a magazine. That way it keeps you busy, but you're still close enough to get involved if you need to. Good luck! I know how hard it can be!! I struggle with that too.....not wanting to hold my kids back because of my problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN