Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brushing teeth..piog

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 8:28 AM
  • 1 Replies

OK so i was watching the supper nanny show. The nanny said that she had never heard of holding a child down to brush their teeth.. I got busy wiht my two kiddoes and missed how she handled this.. Any one have advice for Brushing a two year olds teeth?

My daughter will chew on the toothbrush for hours if i let her.. She likes to eat the tooth paste.. I have to get her to lay down on the floor and hold her there to brush her teeth. She doesnt scream or anything but she fights me.. I hate doing this so much that i have gone from twice a day to one or twice a week and i feel guilty..

~Mandaz

by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Jessica604
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 9:38 AM

My son is 2 and has been using a toothbrush since he was 1. We usually brush our teeth together, even if I have brushed already, we stand in the bathroom, he stands on the stool and I tell him to "do it like mommy", I over exaggerate the brushing of the front teeth and opening my mouth wide to do the rest,  he usually imitates it but not before he eats the toothpaste off of the brush and tries to play in the water. I hope this helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)