Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Am I over-reacting to this???

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 9:31 PM
  • 4 Replies

So I am sitting at home today as I am on maternity leave and I get a call from my daycare provider asking if I could bring my (almost) two year old some extra clothes because she had an accident with her dress she went to daycare in this morning. I said sure not a big deal as my daycare is only about a mile from our home. When I arrived at my daycare I was informed by my provider that per her policy my daughter is not 2 yet (her bday is sept 15) and she will not allow her to wear pull-ups at her house bc she had gone into the bathroom and tried to go potty by herself in which she had already started going in her pull up so needless to say she made a huge mess in the bathroom. My thoughts are where was she that my daughter was able to do all of this without her noticing b4 it was a big mess. I am torn as for how to handle this situation bc my dd wears pull-ups at home and we never have any problems except an accident occasionally. I really don't feel that my provider should be telling me weather or not my child can wear pull-ups at her house last time I checked she was my daughter and that was my choice. I am not sure how to approach the issue with her. My dh thinks I am overreacting here and that its not a big deal but we just had a new baby and if we could get our daughter out of diapers all together that would be great..... Any thoughts????????

by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Hazeliiis
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Common sense tell me that if the child is trying to go potty by herself she will most likely take whatever she has on - off to go to the bathroom. Besides, IMO the only difference between a pull up and a diaper are the tabs on the side. Trust me, if a child wants to get it off, they will.

Sounds like your daycare provider was a little "poopy" (pun intended..LOL) about cleaning up the poop. HA

JoshuasMommii
by on Aug. 30, 2008 at 1:22 AM

Your DD is wanting to potty train if i was you i wouldnt stop it. My son can take his diapers off better then the pull ups like the other mom said if she wants it off its coming off!
Good Luck

lolliedivine
by on Aug. 30, 2008 at 1:57 AM

My 3 year old is still wearing pull ups and while its not too old, we are having a heck of a time getting him to go consistantly. Since I have potty trained my younger brother and sister and my oldest son, I know that the real problem here is consistancy. He would go to daycare and they had different rules. so whatever you decide, it should be equal on both ends. However, I would be seriously aggrevated if my daycare told me something like that, its rediculous, if not stunting her potty training all together. Kids make messes. they make mistakes. its how they learn. She should be glad that your daughter is not your son...where aiming issues apply!

isaboo22
by on Sep. 2, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Is the care provider wanting you to put her back in diapers...or big girl undies???  Diapers.....are the same as pull ups basically, and if she agreed to take your child on, then she needs to assist in the potty training. And if she wants her in big girls panties...again, she agreed from the beginning and needs to assist in potty training then!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)