Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

She keeps gagging herself!

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 9:35 PM
  • 19 Replies

My daughter is 3 months old, and now that she's discovered her hands, she can't keep them out of her mouth.  Because she keeps sticking her hand in her mouth, she often winds up gagging herself.  Wondering if anyone else has dealt with this, and if it's something to be concerned about.

by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BridgetFilbrun
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 9:57 PM

My dd is 5 months and she still sometimes does it.  It hasn't been a problem for her.  She'll gag and then move her hand, so it's not as far in her mouth.

fanatic
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 10:02 PM

my 11 month old does that now due to teething.but I think they'll be o.k.

bluejupiter13
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 11:52 PM

My DD is 10 months old and actually just started doing this.  I call her bulemia baby.  I don't think it will hurt anything.  It just sounds gross.

mommabozzi
by on Aug. 30, 2008 at 12:08 AM

My now 7mo. old did that and still does it sometimes. I wouldnt worry about it, she will figure out how far she can go without gagging soon enough.

Mimi_1021
by on Aug. 30, 2008 at 12:09 AM

my dd is 5 months and still does it from time to time...dont worry she'll be fine....

frndlyfn
by on Aug. 30, 2008 at 12:40 AM

ti is a natural part of babies learning how to use their hands. maybe put a toy in them so she doesnt put them in her mouth?  wait til she learns her feet can fit in

moma136
by on Aug. 30, 2008 at 12:57 AM

my almost 18 month old just started that but when my son was about 4 months old he did it to and it drives me crazy but he grew out of it and my other two never did it go figure kids they are all different....mom to 4 great kidsbutterfly

lolliedivine
by on Aug. 30, 2008 at 1:15 AM

when my now 5 year old was a baby he did the same thing, then he started trying to do it to me! he got some kind of kick out of doing this and it made him laugh but now he bites his hands when he gets upset. My 3 month old ALWAYS has his hands in his mouth. It might be gross but I thik its kinda cute. Just make sure her hands are clean and she will be just fine.

CNmomma
by on Aug. 30, 2008 at 12:00 PM

oh lord! i can't wait for that! my 3mo old just started playing with her feet....

Quoting frndlyfn:

ti is a natural part of babies learning how to use their hands. maybe put a toy in them so she doesnt put them in her mouth?  wait til she learns her feet can fit in

xokissiinme06
by on Aug. 30, 2008 at 12:07 PM

my friends baby use to do that and he just stoped on his own

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)