Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

My son wont eat whats for dinner.

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2008 at 8:02 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi my name is Michell and I have a son who is 14 months old, Steven. He was so good about eating whatever we cooked for dinner, and we always make sure it is baby appropriate. Now for the last month or so I cant get him to eat anything except.....Cherrios, watermellon, and string cheese. I even went to the baby food isle and purchased some purred food, for when they are just starting out and he wont eat that either. Then I tried the little kids meals, like the next stage up, he has teeth to eat with, so I thought no problem, like mac and cheese and spaghetti. He wont even open his mouth to try it. Help please.

Mrs. Regnerus

by on Sep. 2, 2008 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
1sttimemamala
by on Sep. 2, 2008 at 8:44 PM

my lil guy never liked baby food... he still doesnt have much intrest in foods,, maybe a few green beans maybe a bite of a banana or a peach, but i dont think he is getting enough.. some people have suggested the pediasure milk shakes but i havent tried them yet

lolliedivine
by on Sep. 2, 2008 at 9:09 PM

just keep giving him what he likes so he is getting something down. He will get sick of it soon. kids change their minds with the seasons I swear! 

shello62507
by on Sep. 2, 2008 at 10:42 PM

Thanks for the help, tonight he acctually ate some real food.

Mrs. Regnerus

oxley12
by on Sep. 3, 2008 at 11:42 AM

My daughter is 16 months and sometimes she does that.  Shes always been a good eater but in the past couple months shes gotten picky.  Some days she will eat anything and everything and other days she only wants certain things.  What i would suggest is offer different things to try and get him to eat it...if he wont then give him what he wants.  But i would at least try to get him to eat it...one day he may surprise you and eat it.  :O)

BaileysMama
by on Sep. 4, 2008 at 11:04 AM

I say if they dont want to eat the food that you make them , then DONT give them what they want they will eat when they are hungry. you cant keep giving them what they want then they know they can get away with it..

Quoting shello62507:

Hi my name is Michell and I have a son who is 14 months old, Steven. He was so good about eating whatever we cooked for dinner, and we always make sure it is baby appropriate. Now for the last month or so I cant get him to eat anything except.....Cherrios, watermellon, and string cheese. I even went to the baby food isle and purchased some purred food, for when they are just starting out and he wont eat that either. Then I tried the little kids meals, like the next stage up, he has teeth to eat with, so I thought no problem, like mac and cheese and spaghetti. He wont even open his mouth to try it. Help please.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)