Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

new to group and need advice a little long sorry!

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2008 at 11:41 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone my name is Jenni and I am new to this group and have a few question I was hoping you mommies could help me with.Tahnk You in advance!

well my son will be 16 months next week and i am really going threw some things with him that i need advice with.

to begin the other day when his cousin was up at my place playing he jumped on his back which they do no big deal but he bit his cousin on the back and his cousin is 3 he came and says titi cousin bit me .I did not know what to do he never did this before.

also i have a problem that when i change his diaper he grabs his privates real hard and when i try to put the clean one on he trows a fit . I know i may sound silly but i am a first time mom and i don't want to hit my son and time out are be coming a delema. please help!

also when i tell my son no and put him on a time out he just laughs at me like so what or he will throw a total temper tantrum! help

crazy.gif

by on Sep. 4, 2008 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
CafeMom Admin
by Group Admin on Sep. 4, 2008 at 12:14 PM

Hi,

Welcome to the CafeMom Babies and Toddlers group on CafeMom.

We're happy you've joined the conversation.

Enjoy!

\\ The CafeMom Admin Team

MyaSimonesMom
by on Sep. 4, 2008 at 12:37 PM

My Daughter does the whole grabbing thing too when I am changing her.  My best advise that seems to work (I am also a first time Mom) is that I give her two small toys to hold so her hands are busy OR a slippy cup.  This seems to distract her enough to get the job done. 

As for the timeout/no thing.  My daughter is just 9 months old so she is just learning no but the one thing that seems to work (which is completely annoying) is consistancy.  It may take 100 times but at least she knows that I am saying the same thing and it means the same thing. 

BRARAH
by on Sep. 4, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Hi I am new too.

My son is 5 years old. I went through the same thing with him. The biting thing. Brandon only diid it once and I spanked him. He acted like he was going to again but I realized that at two he was sitll teething. I dont think a little tap on the rear would hurt, It would let him know that you mean NO. SPARE THE ROD SPOIL THE CHILD. Just dont take it overboard. Time out we do too. We make him stand beside the wall, with his face tword the wall, no more than his age in minutes so if your son is 1 make him sit there for 1 minute. If he does not sit there then restart time and sit him down again. Consistancy,(agree with the other mom.) Sleep, I am weak when it comes to that lol I just let him get in the bed with me. I even would lay down with him at nap time. oh and main thing dont talk to him while he is in time out. afterwards give him a hug and tell him no means no.

IN GOD WE TRUST!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN