Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

how do u keep from goin crazy

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2008 at 4:17 PM
  • 15 Replies

i have a 3 yr old 1 yr old and a 7 wk old. my boys dont listen no matter what i do, i've tried spanking, time outs, the corner, u name it i did it. except abuse of coarse. i just cant get them to listen to me. they hit each other, throw things, jump on my couch. u name it if its bad they do. i know i have to realize they r just kids but a mom can only take so much. jamie wakes up every couple hours to eat, does it for about 30 min falls back asleep then i fall asleep 45 min later then turning around and wakin up again. whats the secret. what do i do. im afraid i'm goin to snap one of these days. i would never hurt my kids or nothing but i think i will pull my hair out.

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
by on Sep. 10, 2008 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by on Sep. 10, 2008 at 8:15 PM

I'm so sorry, you seem like you're at your wits end!  I wish I had some advice!  I just have a 6 month old and sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out.  I can't imagine having three!  Try to get as much sleep as you can momma and hang in there!

Elke

ZoeyBethsMomma
by on Sep. 10, 2008 at 8:55 PM

I wish I had advice, too, but I only have one baby. Maybe your boys are acting out in response to the new baby and all the time and attention that you have to put into it? Is it possible to try to schedule a few minutes of one on one alone time with each of them in the evening when hubby comes home? Mommy time could help. They might just need some reassurance and a little bit of your undivided attention.

Otherwise, hang in there, girl... things will get better as your boys get used to the new addition!

Tracy

ashval
by on Sep. 11, 2008 at 4:13 PM

i'm not going to pretend i can relate to your chaos but... at least once a week i get my hubby or friend to watch my girl so that i can take a ridiculously long shower.  i get to take a break plus the running water drowns out any crying she might do.  i know it won't help you with any of the misbehaving issues but maybe it'll help you "relax" a little so that you won't feel like you're going to lose it!

monica277
by on Sep. 12, 2008 at 12:28 AM

WELL WHY DONT YOU GO TO THE PARK WITH THE KIDS,PACK A LUNCH JOIN MOMMY AND ME AT THE YMCA , OR DO PLAYDATES WITH OTHER MOMS WITH KIDS THEIR AGE.

Monica

momslilmonsters
by on Sep. 12, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Boy am I glad I'm not the only one with this problem!!! Lol LOL. my boys are 1yr and 3yrs old. There are days like today that is seams so crazy. Of course the hubby works all night and is sleeping. I really don't have an answer either. I just go with the flow and pray that nap tiem comes quickly. Just count to ten and hope for the best. or go into another room for a few and collect your thoughts. I know it sound easy but it's not. Just keep your kids in plain sight and relax for a moment. I get over whelmed when I a ton of things to do and not enough hours in the day. Especially since I work a full time job and only have one day off. that is when it's crazy!!! Like today !!   

Rebekah_Enzley
by on Sep. 12, 2008 at 8:36 PM

You may have to let your youngest wait a little bit to eat and get on a schedule of every 2 to 3 hrs. But that may only add to the chaos. I just know that with my son I didn't let him get on a schedule and he ruled my life with eating whenever he wanted. Easier said than done I know!!! Please get some time away and some extra help from family and friends. I can't imagine what your going through, hang in there. Just know that life gets easier and your not the only one. I'll pray for you.

jennjune1984
by on Sep. 15, 2008 at 1:22 PM

Call Nanny 911...  or watch the show... it could help some

queenliz35
by on Sep. 16, 2008 at 7:06 PM

I know exactly how you feel.  I have two boys. My oldest is two and a half and my youngest is 13 months.  I feel like pulling my hair out a lot!  I just enrolled them in a Mother's Day Out program two days a week and it has helped tremendously.  At least I can get a break for a little while.  Good luck!

DTA115
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Sorry I have no advice because I'm in the same position with a 1 yr old and a baby and

I AM ALREADY CRAZY!!!!!!!! rolling on floor

I'm just bumping for more advice!

JASMINE34
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 4:09 PM

TRY PUTTING THEM TO A LITTLE TABLE WITH BLOCKS OR FINGER PAINT COLORING AFTER THE BABY'S DOWN FOR A NAP. IF THEY ENJOY THAT, THEN TRY TO GET U SOME RELAX TIME ON THE SOFA WHILE WATCHING THEM. JUST A LITTLE PEACE OF MIND IS BETTER THAN NONE AT ALL. IT WILL BE OK WE ALL HAVE OUR DAYS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)