Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who use Parent's Choice Formula

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2008 at 6:56 AM
  • 16 Replies
I have been using the Target brand of regular (cow's milk) formula. But we only go to target to buy that and its not really close to us. So yesterday I went to Walmart with my label from the Target brand. Well, they are exactly the same. EXACTLY. Which is great because I go to Walmart a lot more than Target. Well, I don't know if it is permanent or not, but the size of the powdered formula went from 25oz to 32oz for $11.99!!! I was pretty happy with that. I just thought I'd share it. Like I said I don't know if it is a special or if that will always be the size. I also didn't check he other kinds (soy, etc) so I don't know if the size of those went up or not:-)
~~~~Twny~~~~
Photobucket
by on Sep. 12, 2008 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyRust
by on Sep. 12, 2008 at 9:15 AM

I use Parent's Choice and I believe its just a sale til the 19th! I already bought 3 cans at that price and now I am going to go buy some more. I love PC - my daughter does better on that than she did on Enfamil!

Danesmommy1
by on Sep. 12, 2008 at 9:28 AM

Parent's Choice is the formula we use too.  I'm really happy with it.  It's pretty much the same as the name brands.

Elke

kstott82
by on Sep. 13, 2008 at 10:23 AM

Yea i use the PC  brand of formula for the enfamil gentlease.  I compared the labels and its the same stuff.  Its 14.99 for the PC and like 23 or 24 for the enfamil.  Every little bit counts when u are raising a child.

Ziggy.Stardust
by on Sep. 13, 2008 at 10:25 AM

I also used parents choice.. i used to use enfamil but it was soo expensive.. and PC is always cheaper even when its not on sale.. i was a little weary at first but i asked my Doc and she said they are all the same..the reason some are more expensive is because of the labeling and advertising

ampinquoch
by on Sep. 14, 2008 at 11:32 AM

I used Parents Choice too because Enfamil was so incredibly expensive. The Target brand imo just didn't mix as easily as the Parents Choice. Plus when I switched from Enfamil to Parents Choice they had the bonus cans available (32 oz) I bought every single can they had on the shelf which was approx. 24 cans. We didn't have to buy anymore formula at all-had enough to last until her first birthday.

tiffanysgirls
by on Sep. 14, 2008 at 1:44 PM
Parents Choice is the same thing as Enfamil. I posted this same question on Yahoo Answers and a guy told me he worked for the distribution company that packages both and all they do is put different lables on! Now, I wasn't sure if he was telling the truth or full of crap so I went to the store and compared them. Not only do they have the same ingredients....they also have the exact same percentage of each nutrient! All I know for certain is that my dd used Parent's choice and she grew and gained weight.
impulsive1
by on Sep. 15, 2008 at 12:23 PM

I agree, Parent's Choice is awesome. I recently decided to stay home with my three children so we cannot afford the Enfamil I used with my boys. For our baby girl we chose Parent's Choice Soy  formula because the price was so good and it had all the same nutrients as Enfamil which was twice the cost. Our wal mart has the PC Soy for about $14 and the Enfamil is about $28 for the same size.

Heavenly1ss
by on Sep. 15, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Haha....I use Parents Choice baby wipes, baby food, supplies, etc.  When my kids were on formula I would buy the PC brand and they seemed to like it better and it was easier on there tummies.  When you have kids you find that name brand stuff doesnt cut it after awhile LOL......... Im going on baby #3 and will use PC with this one as well.  Its all the same if not better right??

wearing crown~*~Heavenly~*~

isaboo22
by on Sep. 15, 2008 at 1:26 PM

I used Walmart brand all the time -- had twins -- and I was on a tight budget. $11.99 for that big can is the regular price all the time. And their brand of diapers and wipes are great too for half the price.

sarahg2285
by on Sep. 15, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Hey, I was wondering.... does ANYONE like Enfamil?  My kids couldn't tolerate it at all.  It would either make them constipated or really fussy.  Oh and I like Parent's Choice, if breastfeeding doesn't work out, I'll probably use that again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)